B12 expectations ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Baylor will struggle by comparison with the last few seasons due to coaching change. I love oSu's team this year. ISU number looks right. K-State seems to be the best bet with virtually all playmakers returning. Texas is always overvalued, isn't it. WVU has an excellent coach. TxT not so much. OU has a rattler but will he strike like the last three QB's there, I doubt it. Ku will be awful.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Baylor will struggle by comparison with the last few seasons due to coaching change. I love oSu's team this year. ISU number looks right. K-State seems to be the best bet with virtually all playmakers returning. Texas is always overvalued, isn't it. WVU has an excellent coach. TxT not so much. OU has a rattler but will he strike like the last three QB's there, I doubt it. Ku will be awful.
I actually agree with most of your points.

BUT.

Do we really need to do this again?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Not a big betting guy, so stupid question probably- why are the O/U win totals always in half- games? I assume it’s to avoid pushes but they don’t try to avoid those for other bets. Does it just create more action that way?

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I actually agree with most of your points.

BUT.

Do we really need to do this again?

I realize where I'm at here on a Cyclone board that just took their last really solid team to Manhattan and got beat yet again. Why in the world you would take issue with my saying that 6.5 wins is low for K-State can only be put off as complete rivalry smack.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I realize where I'm at here on a Cyclone board that just took their last really solid team to Manhattan and got beat yet again. Why in the world you would take issue with my saying that 6.5 wins is low for K-State can only be put off as complete rivalry smack.
Because K-State lost a boat load of production from 2019.

6.5 wins is exactly where they should be for betting purposes.

Don’t know why you brought up the 2019 ISU/KSU game as that has nothing to do with 2020 win totals. Weird complex you got going there.

Last edited:

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Because K-State lost a boat load of production from 2019.

6.5 wins is exactly where they should be for betting purposes.

Don’t know why you brought up the 2019 ISU/KSU game as that has nothing to do with 2020 win totals. Weird complex you got going there.
It's always customary to attack the messenger when you don't have an argument because you're completely wrong on talent.

Starting QB, wideouts, running backs, tight end, all-conference guard, all-conference d'end, linebackers, corners, safety, kicker, freshman all-American kick returner all return, plus excellent grad transfer.

Again, 6.5 wins is low for K-State. I'm not arguing a championship season here.

Last edited:

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
OU's away game at Army could be fun to watch. A disciplined service academy team has a habit of giving better teams fits in early games. They won't have to defense to keep OU from scoring, but long possessions could keep the score closer than the Sooners would prefer.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
It's always customary to attack the messenger when you don't have an argument because you're completely wrong on talent.

Starting QB, wideouts, running backs, tight end, all-conference guard, all-conference d'end, linebackers, corners, safety, kicker, freshman all-American kick returner all return, plus excellent grad transfer.

Again, 6.5 wins is low for K-State. I'm not arguing a championship season here.
I never once used the word talent (though they will be a bottom 3 team in terms of talent).

Please refute this, K-State lost:
-top two running backs in terms of production
-leading receiver
-4 (but actually 5) starting offensive linemen.
-9 of 16 tacklers.

These are literally statistical facts. K-State lost a ton and will be in the 6-7 win category, thus 6.5 is perfect for them.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
OU's away game at Army could be fun to watch. A disciplined service academy team has a habit of giving better teams fits in early games. They won't have to defense to keep OU from scoring, but long possessions could keep the score closer than the Sooners would prefer.

Agree. Matchup in Norman in '18, Army's time of possession was 44 minutes (!) ... 7-point OU win; could expect much of the same.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
For reference, here is the Big 12 OOC schedule. Pretty solid for some this year.

Baylor- Ole Miss, Incarnate Word, LA Tech

ISU- South Dakota, @ Iowa, UNLV

Kansas- New Hampshire, Boston College, @Coastal Carolina (wut)

Kansas St- Buffalo, North Dakota, Vanderbilt

Oklahoma St- Oregon St, Tulsa, W. Illinois

Oklahoma- Mo St, Tennessee, @Army

TCU- @Cal, Prairie View A&M, @SMU

Texas- S.Florida, @LSU, UTEP

Texas Tech- @UTEP, Alabama St, Arizona

W. Virginia- Florida St, Eastern Kentucky, Maryland.

West Virginia plays the same amount of P5 Non-con games as the Big 10 West. Look it up, it’s true.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1973089

Best bets
Iowa State over 7.5 (-170)
Most bettors wouldn't pay this price on Iowa State to go over, but I'll do so with open arms. In fact, this is currently my favorite bet on the board for 2020.

At -170? No effen way. Terrible value even if you think it's gonna happen (I do).
I'd take the under at +150 and be a winner regardless of the result.

If somebody wants to bet with me then there will be no juice and the money stays in the Cyclone family. No, I'm not betting with a Hawk or KSU fan. I'd let your side be -150 for ease of terms.

Last edited: