Auto Detail recommendations

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I used Mister Carwash a couple times and was very disappointed. They did a very lazy job and cut as many corners as they could. I would never use them again.
Mister Carwash is good for a quick clean-up and I go there a couple times a year but for that occasional LIKE NEW feeling you've got to go to a pro detailer.

veteran4cy

Nov 13, 2012
Ankeny
Try Mike Doss at Pristine Autoworks. 515 664 2000. He lives in ankeny and just moved his shop to wdm. Does a fantastic job. Rv, ,boats, motorcycles and of course cars.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
I'm not sure which one of you already called the guy I mentioned on the first page, but I appreciate you giving him your business. He does amazing work and is the most meticulous person I've ever met when it comes to vehicles and his prices are much cheaper than industry standards.

This again. He called me last night to say someone else from here made an appointment as well, thank you and please report back to the board after your vehicle is complete to let us know what ya thought.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
I live in Altoona and have used Altoona auto body a few times over the years for body work from minor accidents. They are simply outstanding to do business with, and I know they do auto detailing, too. If they are half as good at that as they are with the rest, I highly recommend them.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
Third person booked with him yesterday to get their car detailed yesterday, whomever it was please let us know if you were satisfied with the work, thanks.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Know a dude in Marion, does it out of his house. Does good work and is a Cyclone fan. PM me if you want his name/number.

I've heard really good things about Budget on Council Street as well. Haven't been there for a detail yet but I know the owner and would vouch for them.

Funny you guys ask as I just had an exterior detail done just a couple weeks ago for the first time ever in Marion by someone other than me. I just went with Details Plus as they were cheap, close by in Marion, and one of the only places I could find online. I really had pretty low expectations as the place doesn't look like anything special, but in the end, I was VERY pleasantly surprised. The guys were really nice and did a really good job. My car has never looked so good. Here is their website: http://detailplusiowa.com/prices/

Keep in mind, I say they are cheap without anything to compare them to. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, you guys can feel free to correct me. Shoot, I have a hard time believing $50 for a good exterior detail is expensive though. In fact, I'm calling right now as I type to schedule my other vehicle.

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
Bumping to hear how Cypech's guy did. Really interested. Also we need something besides Hoiberg to talk about.

Went to a graduation party at his place yesterday, he told me he has all 4 scheduled for this upcoming week. So unfortunately more Hoiberg talk until then :(

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Went to a graduation party at his place yesterday, he told me he has all 4 scheduled for this upcoming week. So unfortunately more Hoiberg talk until then :(

I'm very curious as to the results too, but I'm thinking I may just give him a call too this week anyways and try to line something up. Those prices are VERY reasonable.

Also, I'll plug the custom fit floor liners as well -> well worth every penny of the extra cost as they fit my car floors like a glove! Keep them in all winter and remove for summer.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Know a dude in Marion, does it out of his house. Does good work and is a Cyclone fan. PM me if you want his name/number.

I've heard really good things about Budget on Council Street as well. Haven't been there for a detail yet but I know the owner and would vouch for them.
I know this dude also. He has worked as a detailer at several area dealerships in his younger years. Very good

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
There are places you can certainly pay more and they might do a slightly better job, but I take my vehicle through a Mister Carwash location at least once a year opting for their Ultimate Interior & Exterior wash and detail. If I recall correctly, it costs around $45-50 and they do a really nice job.
The Mister car wash in CR? not brushless, so the damage to your paint job makes the buffing to your paint job more laborious.

Also, that place has turnover in employees every week. It's unreal

Cpech56

Aug 12, 2012
Never heard from you guys that used TLC detailing to see if you were pleased or not. I spoke to him yesterday and he said he's done 3-4 now for Fanatics. Let me know whatcha thought, I'd love to pass the info along.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Count me in the group as loving these non-Hoiberg related forums right now. These ones are coming in really clear right now below my rock I'm hiding under. Keep up the good work guys.

Morgand1

Jan 11, 2015
Had my gmc detailed by the guy someone in here shared, his business name is TLC Auto Detail. I am more than pleased with the work done. For $130 I got a complete overhaul on the inside of the vehicle and he did a great job on the outside as well. Buffed out a side swip mark, polished up my wheels and washed my engine as well. You can check out his work for yourself by looking at his Facebook page. I dropped my car off at 8am and picked it up at 4pm, his shop is at his house and is near Easter Lake so it was a little bit out of the way but more than worth it when you consider his prices and work compared to others around town. 2 thumbs up, thanks for whoever originally shared his info.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TLC-Auto-Detailing-LLC/1640104779558328