SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I don’t understand the idea of delaying the start of the season. It would make sense to me to start as early as possible to give as many make up days as possible.

The number of new cases in Texas is still sky high, and since there are 4 teams from the state in the conference, I am sure the conference is hoping that the numbers start to drop before we start practice. Hence the delay of the first games.

Penn. St. just announced NO fans at any of the fall sports, and they are not as bad off with new cases as Texas.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Personally, I would put that first game 9/5 and then have two weeks to see how things shake out, but I can see why they are doing 9/12.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
that's not a falls sports update that is a football update. What is the status of other fall sports like volleyball.

Those sports will continue to exist only if football is played? Really no need for an update on them

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Already arriving. Apartment-living students and first year students have already started.
The rest arrive in the next couple of weeks.
...and everyone gets directed to the Lied Center first for covid testing I was driving down Lincolnway this morning and saw the signs of where to they had to go. What a different world we live in today! My son's friends, who all just went through high school graduation on 7/18 and in their college dorms in a 3 week span.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Not sure if you are aware of this, but there is a pandemic going on, and the US is the most impacted country in the world right now. The spread is completely out of control. Pandemics and lots of people in close proximity to one another don't mix well.

I find this response combined with your signature rather ironic.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Penn State just sad unless you donate your ticket money to the university you cannot be guaranteed your seats next year, even as a donor. Ballsy

I'd make the argument that a lot of people with jobs where WFH is available and or not an issue, are in a better position financially now then they were pre-covid. Doesn't mean Penn State is in the right to ask for that. But I think many people can make the donations for a Blue-blood football program

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
...and everyone gets directed to the Lied Center first for covid testing I was driving down Lincolnway this morning and saw the signs of where to they had to go. What a different world we live in today! My son's friends, who all just went through high school graduation on 7/18 and in their college dorms in a 3 week span.

So they are funneling everyone into the same building upon arrival?

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I'd make the argument that a lot of people with jobs where WFH is available and or not an issue, are in a better position financially now then they were pre-covid. Doesn't mean Penn State is in the right to ask for that. But I think many people can make the donations for a Blue-blood football program

Pretty much everyone with season tickets can still afford season tickets. The point is they are spending a lot of money this year and get nothing out of it. People pay for tickets to go to games.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Penn State just sad unless you donate your ticket money to the university you cannot be guaranteed your seats next year, even as a donor. Ballsy

Yeah, that seems like kind of a **** move.

If nothing else it would make more sense to allow them to keep the money with the AD, but be put towards 2021 tickets, not just burned as a donation. The AD would see the same money lost, but it might at least help with cash flow issues in the short run.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016

They said you could roll it over to next year and maintain. What they did not allow was a complete refund. Then you lose your place for 2021.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
So PA Governor restricted gathering sizes so Penn State basically can't have fans in the stands, should Gov Reynolds do the same in Iowa?

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Penn State is allowing people to roll over their ticket purchase to next year and maintain their seats. It is in the articles. What they are not allowing is someone to just take a complete refund now and expect to maintain their same seats for next season. I'd have no problem with that. If they needed the money back they can still get it.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

I really don't know how they doing it. Everyone going in must have a mask on from what I was told. We are friends with the director of Student Health, and she seems to be going 24/7 these days. I know they have a schedule on when you to check into you dorm or student apartment , but you have to past the covid test first. I have no idea how many people they have checking in each day. For those that have gone through the covid testing with the swab up the sinus, and having narrow nasal passages or a deviated septum like myself.... I felt all they had to do was pull the end out the back of my head when done. Talk about watery eyes.

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
At least we have a date for the game, Sep 12. For now at least.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

I have no idea how many people they have checking in each day.

It's all appointment-based, spread over 2 weeks.

"The system is accounting for automatically spacing roommates out based on bed spaces, the number of tests available in a given hour, test results as well as the need to keep people moving around in the building low."

Show up at Lied in your selected time window. Do the testing. Then you have 75 minutes to move in to your dorm.