Article slams KF and his thoughts on scoring 8 pts

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If only Iowa could play in the big 12 the offense would look spectacular and they'd without a doubt be minimum 6-2 right now.
More like 3-5. Every which way possible Bill Snyder is better than KF with less talent and worse facilities. He's 4-3 right now. He also didn't lose by a billion against Stanford.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Nobody could have foreseen just how legit most of Iowa opponents would be this season. Plus, with all the injuries on the line and in the receiving Corp, not much you can do about it. Kf does what he can with what he has.

??? Your losses are to an FCS team, a team that lost at home to an FCS team and Duke, and Wisky. I'll give you Wisconsin being a solid opponent, but the others aren't "legit" if your expectations were as high as they were to start the season. It isn't like you guys have lost to Alabama, Ohio State and Michigan (yet).

Oh, and injuries.....you're not going to get much sympathy here on this board on the injuries reason/excuse.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
If only Iowa could play in the big 12 the offense would look spectacular and they'd without a doubt be minimum 6-2 right now.

Considering Iowa State has beaten just as many rated teams in the last five years as Iowa, and considering the Hawks were crushed by the last Big 12 team (outside of ISU) they played -- Oklahoma in the Insight.com Bowl -- I would say you are wrong

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

Considering Iowa State has beaten just as many rated teams in the last five years as Iowa, and considering the Hawks were crushed by the last Big 12 team (outside of ISU) they played -- Oklahoma in the Insight.com Bowl -- I would say you are wrong

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Waiting for my apology about Eno

I think what really makes these hok trolls angry, and why they are here, is because several Cyclone fans on this site have better inside hok info than they have as hok season ticket holders and donaters to hok athletics. I know that would eat at me too.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
So maybe now Hawk fans will admit that last year was nothing other than the cupcake schedule?

I was told Kirk was different, and that he just got back to doig what worked.

• Optimistic
Reactions: carvers4math

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
If they make that FG they would have been down 5. It makes no sense to do what he did which is why he's getting national attention about it

At that time they would've been down 5. Yes, which is why Ferentz said they would need to score again to win (if they had made that FG). If they would've made the FG, they would've only been down 8 when they had the ball inside Wisconsin's 10 with a minute left. But, they missed the earlier FG and were down 11.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Pretty clear during the press conference that KF somehow didn't / couldn't absorb the question that was being asked, and was thinking of the very last field goal . . . even after the clarification still couldn't get it out of his head.

Wish the reporter would have kept following up.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Pretty clear during the press conference that KF somehow didn't / couldn't absorb the question that was being asked, and was thinking of the very last field goal . . . even after the clarification still couldn't get it out of his head.

Wish the reporter would have kept following up.

Did you watch the interview? Ferentz knew exactly what he was talking about. He even referenced the yardage himself

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

Any rated team in the last 5 years that lost to Iowa state didn't belong in the rankings in the first place.

Reactions: breck53

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Did you watch the interview? Ferentz knew exactly what he was talking about. He even referenced the yardage himself

I did watch the entire video, yes. Have you ever got something stuck in your head and someone has to really call you on it and then all of a sudden you go "oh, oops. Sorry." I'm sure it was something like that. Still kind of funny.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I did watch the entire video, yes. Have you ever got something stuck in your head and someone has to really call you on it and then all of a sudden you go "oh, oops. Sorry." I'm sure it was something like that. Still kind of funny.

He referenced the yardage for the play with 5 mins left himself not the end of the game

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
He referenced the yardage for the play with 5 mins left himself not the end of the game

OK ... so? 5 yards to go vs. whatever yards to go? I'm sure he was just repeating what the reporter said in part.

I mean, if you think that's not it, then what's your explanation? Do you genuinely think he doesn't know that 6+8=14? Or that he doesn't actually know that there is such a thing as a 2 point conversion?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
OK ... so? 5 yards to go vs. whatever yards to go? I'm sure he was just repeating what the reporter said in part.

I mean, if you think that's not it, then what's your explanation? Do you genuinely think he doesn't know that 6+8=14? Or that he doesn't actually know that there is such a thing as a 2 point conversion?

I don't think anyone knows what goes through his head which is why he's getting so much flack from National media outlets on this one. I do know after watching the interview he wasn't confusing it with the end of the game

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Pretty clear during the press conference that KF somehow didn't / couldn't absorb the question that was being asked......

I think it is more like-- "I know answering these stupid questions after every loss in part of the $4.5 million I get to bank, but it's really tough to pay attention. Can we just get this over with? I need a new stick of gum"

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
So I'll admit that I didn't have a problem with the way he played it, since there was still around 5 minutes to play. I might have gone for the TD in that situation but I can also see why you would play it the way he did. I figured when he said that they would have had to score twice he was talking about scoring twice to win, which is absolutely true. The best they could have done was tie and they would need to score again to win. With around 5 minutes left it seemed like an ok call to me. If it was only 2 minutes left or something going for the TD is a no brainer.

Help Support Us

Become a patron