Art Briles

Cychotiic

Nov 27, 2010
Ames
Was at a grad expo today, where I talked to a professor from Baylor. He said he had spoke with the president of Baylor at the airport, where the president said the Redskins were expressing interest in Briles. Just thought I'd come share what I heard

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
but, but, Mike Shanahan...

There's no way Dan Snyder would dump him. The man has scruples. :jimlad:

Reactions: CyBobby

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I would be shocked to see Briles back in Waco next year, the dude is going to get paid somewhere in Texas/Florida or in the NFL/

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Hiring a college coach because of offensive excitement...would Dan Snyder copy his division-rival Eagles like that?

Steve Spurrier says he most certainly would and he also demands an apology for you believing Snyder hasn't already tried this before.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Based off how well the high powered Chip Kelly offense is going in Philly, why wouldn't you make this hire?

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Another Chip Kelly like experiment? I'd be intrigued, but also pretty surprised considering the ups and downs Philly is having.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The funny thing I was thinking this myself, without any media prompting, earlier this week. Baylor is really good, and Briles kept it going without RG3, and, if they win the Big 12 this year (likely) and enter into the national title conversation, particularly if they remain undefeated (possible), I do not know how USC, Texas, and a few other big names are not calling Briles with their checkbooks out.

Wouldn't putting Briles back with RG3 be ideal? Indianapolis did it with Luck and his college OC. Hell, I could see Mr. Jones doing something with an even bigger check for the same thing...

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Steve Spurrier says he most certainly would and he also demands an apology for you believing Snyder hasn't already tried this before.

I knew all about that...and I would argue that Dan Snyder would prefer we don't remember that...he is likely still paying for that mistake (literally)!

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I knew all about that...and I would argue that Dan Snyder would prefer we don't remember that...he is likely still paying for that mistake (literally)!

lol, he might be. Briles is more interesting because of the RGIII ties so it isn't exactly the same situation that Spurrier had.

The offensive genius college coach has been tried many times before in the NFL to varying degrees of success. I can't think of any of them that got to coach their heisman winning QB in the NFL though so who knows how it'd work out.