Arod looking at lifetime ban

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Bud Selig has got some gigantic balls. I just don't see that suspension holding up in court.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Arod gets lifetime ban.

Braun gets 65 game ban to the end of the season. After lying to the MLB and his team is out of playoff contention.

Selig does way too much to help the Brewers organization.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
ARod evidence is much more overwhelming than Ryan and he is said to be obstructing the investigation. He is making Pete Rose look good.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Arod gets lifetime ban.

Braun gets 65 game ban to the end of the season. After lying to the MLB and his team is out of playoff contention.

Selig does way too much to help the Brewers organization.

Yeah that's ridiculous. I'm no Arod lover (or hater either - I think he gets too much grief to be honest), but there is no reason his penalty should be that much longer than Brauns.

Unless Braun cut a deal to throw every one else under the bus. In that case enjoy getting thrown at for the rest of your career at the plate.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
I know it's baseball but why the 3 strikes and you're out? They were caught cheating. It's a privilege to play in Majors....I have no problem with lifetime bans for first or second offense.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Yeah that's ridiculous. I'm no Arod lover (or hater either - I think he gets too much grief to be honest), but there is no reason his penalty should be that much longer than Brauns.

Unless Braun cut a deal to throw every one else under the bus. In that case enjoy getting thrown at for the rest of your career at the plate.
He's going to get booed mercilessly for the rest of his career and that is beautiful to me.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I know it's baseball but why the 3 strikes and you're out? They were caught cheating. It's a privilege to play in Majors....I have no problem with lifetime bans for first or second offense.

Because it's stupid. Most of the HOF's that everyone likes to tout as honorable players took amphetamines to keep their energy up during the season (they're now banned by mlb). You notice that the other leagues don't have these big pronouncements? Von Miller just got popped by the NFL, do you see wall-to-wall coverage by the tv networks on this issue?

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Clark, because tv loves their NFL and does not want to tarnish it. No kidding, Von Miller swept under the rug. ray lewis takes some banned substance plus kills a guy and is a first ballot hall of famer.

I don't care if the MLB wants to use it. If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
right or wrong baseball is held up as some glorious escape to what was wonderful in our youth, our country, and the idea that sports are a meritocracy. throughout everything baseball has remained the one constant in our county, played the same for over 100 years. baseball should be held to a higher standard as it's the standard of our country.

i still believe in the romantic notion that there is baseball and then there is everything else.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Speaking as a Yankees fan (which goes all the way back to my playing shortstop in the Raccoon Valley little league in the early 1970's - research Bucky Dent in Des Moines), I can't wait to get rid of that d-bag. It's not the salary issue, it's just the stain he brings. BTW: I AM sweating bullets when it comes to possible PED links to other Yankees players :(

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The one and only thing I'd hate about that lifetime ban is it would allow the Yankees to drop that albatross contract. If the Yankees are going to intentionally overspend on players locking them up until well past their prime they shouldn't be let off the hook this easily.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
Clark, because tv loves their NFL and does not want to tarnish it. No kidding, Von Miller swept under the rug. ray lewis takes some banned substance plus kills a guy and is a first ballot hall of famer.

I don't care if the MLB wants to use it. If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

Actually, he didn't kill those two people.

He did tell everyone in the limousine to keep their mouths shut, and his obstruction helped insure that the two people who did the killing got off at trial. Even though he testified for the prosecution, that didn't make up for his immediate cover up and destruction of evidence.

So he's a punk and a druggie cheater, but not a murderer.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Speaking as a Yankees fan (which goes all the way back to my playing shortstop in the Raccoon Valley little league in the early 1970's - research Bucky Dent in Des Moines), I can't wait to get rid of that d-bag. It's not the salary issue, it's just the stain he brings. BTW: I AM sweating bullets when it comes to possible PED links to other Yankees players :(

Stain? Yes, let's not "stain" the Yankees with PED use...

You telling me the Yankees didn't know when they got him the first time?

And STILL didn't know when they reupped on that ridiculous 10-year deal?

And what the hell is he staining, that Clemens and Pettitte didn't? And they still don't have a problem bringing Pettitte back.

They were perfectly fine with the "stain," but now that he's not producing anymore and a different Steinbrenner is pulling the shots, it's nothing more than a convenient escape hatch for that contract.

But I'm sure we'll all be fed some kind of "Yankee Way" Grade A BS about why they're dumping him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron