arkansas basketball forum

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I was kind of pi$$ed that Arkansas slowed it down so much late in the first half when they were getting blown out. Wanted to continue our 135 point pace.

Right? Oh another funny thing is that a few of them keep thinking this is the best game of these guys' lives. Well, not the same team as last year but let's see, ISU put up 90+ points against Kansas, Kansas State, and Oklahoma State. Also put up 99 points against Auburn last year and 90 against BYU. Then let's see, 85-89 points against North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Texas, Baylor, Iowa.... Of the 36 games ISU played in last year, they scored over 80 points 23 times. Best games of their lives?

These fans are clearly like 98% of all fans in America - they don't know jack **** about anything except their own team and a few teams in their own conference.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Meh..no need to be sore winners. Save it for next Friday after we embarrass Iowa and Fred personally goes to the Johnson county jail to bail Fran out.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
A lot of their fans were pretty decent and let's face it, we can get pretty ruled up at times too. We are just fortunate the team showed up focused and willing to make the extra pass. We came in and hit everything. The team that played maryland would not have faired so well.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Remember when they told us ISU would be tired. Looked the total opposite.

Remember when we told them the press wont work on us?

Remember when they said Niang is the 3rd option on the team?
BDJ and Georges played 39 minutes.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010

That is a rich post for so many reasons. I never thought I would live to see the day that an Arkansas resident would claim that a different state is boring.

It reminds me of when the Baylor equivalent to Cyclone Alley tweeted "Well, they still have to go back to Iowa" after ISU won the Big 12 conference tournament in March. Dude, you have to go back to WACO.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Maryland, and frankly, Alabama were both better defensively than the 40 minutes of meh.

I think we are more skilled handling the ball and our perimeter passing is excellent. Put the game in our house and it is like kryptonite for a team like the Hogs. We were better at their style of play than they were.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
That is a rich post for so many reasons. I never thought I would live to see the day that an Arkansas resident would claim that a different state is boring.

It reminds me of when the Baylor equivalent to Cyclone Alley tweeted "Well, they still have to go back to Iowa" after ISU won the Big 12 conference tournament in March. Dude, you have to go back to WACO.

Field of Dreams vs. Branch Dividian Compound site...toss up.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
A lot of their fans were pretty decent and let's face it, we can get pretty ruled up at times too. We are just fortunate the team showed up focused and willing to make the extra pass. We came in and hit everything. The team that played maryland would not have faired so well.

The Maryland game was also the 12th lowest scoring game in the Hoiberg era out of 143 games. This is counting his first year where ISU went 16-16 - 6 of those games (HALF of the 12) were in the first year. Meaning that it's the 6th lowest scoring game in the last 3+ seasons out of 111 games.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
lol..that's funny that they think we sold out just because of Arkansas. We were sold out for Lamar..LAMAR!

Shows you that SEC venues typically never sell out other than Rupp...basically like the southern Big 12 teams.

We're going to have almost 20 sellout superbowls this year.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
When an ISU crowd goes "Ooooooo" it isn't followed by "Pig Soo." It is followed by Georges spinning a Hog defender out of his jock on his way to a lay up.

There were some really nice post moves from the Naismith nominee tonight!

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Someone needs to go to that site and clear things up. We sold out for VITERBO, and will likely sell out every game this year if we haven't already

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
When the schedule came out, I circled Arkansas on the calendar. The I wrote Super Bowl next to it. Our season is now complete, you guys. We win the Super Bowl!

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Drexel lost to someone called University of the Sciences. Could we sell out Hilton if we brought in the Devils? Would it be our super bowl?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron