Arenas vs. Duke

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2743071

I found this pretty funny. He sure seems to have a hatred for Coach K and Duke.

"One college game that's five fouls, right? ... 40-minute game at Duke, they got soft rims I'd probably score 84 or 85. I wouldn't pass the ball. I wouldn't even think about passing it. It would be like a NBA Live or an NBA 2K7 game, you just shoot with one person," he wrote.

Let's see...Coach K was trying to build a TEAM. Why did he cut Gilbert...?

Last edited:

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Looks like a typical NBA athlete to me.

It's no wonder people stopped caring.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
And his next 50 point game hes predicting is Feb 11th.. like trying to score 50 points is good for the team.. If my teammate told me he planned on scoring 50, I would slap the hell out of him.. For once, I would like to hear one of the nba punks predict something like "tonight we're going to play good team defense".. but defense in the nba is just a dream im afraid.

dornstar44

Apr 10, 2006
Wichita, KS
If he had said that about any other team or program I would have agreed with everyone's opinion on here, and in any other case I would. However, I would love to see anybody (even a cocky, arrogant player like Arenas) embarrass Duke just because they are Duke. And you know what? I think he could do it!

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Arenas is a great guy. He is a guy all kids should look up to. Lots of chairty work, stays out of trouble, all around good guy. The guy is halarious as well. You cant take anything he says seriously.

Plus, he is probably the most clutch basketball player on the planet now.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Arenas is a great guy. He is a guy all kids should look up to. Lots of chairty work, stays out of trouble, all around good guy. The guy is halarious as well. You cant take anything he says seriously.

Plus, he is probably the most clutch basketball player on the planet now.

Exactly. Those who know anything about him shouldn't jump to conclusions. I'm sure this was taken out of context and that he was laughing the whole time he was doing this interview. The guy constantly gives back to the community and does charity work with kids. Don't take this interview at face value.