Apartments in Cedar Falls, IA

NotJustMagic

Mar 16, 2009
Central Iowa
Hey I was wondering if anybody knew of any good apartments in Cedar Falls. Currently living in Ankeny, going to DMACC but will be transfering to UNI in the fall for Construction Mang. my girlfriend will be going to Allen College of Nursing, and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions of appartments close to these, in a good part of town?

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
Hey I was wondering if anybody knew of any good apartments in Cedar Falls. Currently living in Ankeny, going to DMACC but will be transfering to UNI in the fall for Construction Mang. my girlfriend will be going to Allen College of Nursing, and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions of appartments close to these, in a good part of town?

I just moved from Cedar Falls to Ankeny this summer. I lived at Thunder Ridge apartments there. We really liked it. Cedar falls in general doesn't have alot of apartment options. We had a really hard time finding a place. The rent is about $695 for a 2 bedroom and less than that for a 1 bedroom. Staff there is really nice to work with. Good luck on your search pm me if you have any questions.

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames

I would either live in Hillcrest or sterling I went to UNI last year both great places to live.

4i4s4u

Nov 10, 2010
Des Moines
I lived in Cedar Falls and Then came here to Des Moines, I would say Thunder Ridge. I lived there while going to school, Best place I lived, Not very loud, just dont live on the bottom Floor My two friends lived on the bottom and when it rianed their apartments would flood a little. Dont go to University Mills Or Hillcreast unless you are a big partier or you can sleep through Fire Alarms, loud noises and car alarms going off.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
I lived in Cedar Falls and Then came here to Des Moines, I would say Thunder Ridge. I lived there while going to school, Best place I lived, Not very loud, just dont live on the bottom Floor My two friends lived on the bottom and when it rianed their apartments would flood a little. Dont go to University Mills Or Hillcreast unless you are a big partier or you can sleep through Fire Alarms, loud noises and car alarms going off.

Yea I definetely would agree its alot quietier at Thunder Ridge. We lived on the bottom level but never had issues with water. Thunder Ridge is really close with an easy drive just down hudson road. Any closer to UNI and the louder it gets with the partiers.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
What's the apartment cost range for Waterloo? I just got a job there.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
What's the apartment cost range for Waterloo? I just got a job there.

We pay $615 for our 2-bedroom + garage.

To the guy who reccomended Thunder Ridge: I've heard of them before. What type of appliances are included in the apartment?

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
We pay $615 for our 2-bedroom + garage.

To the guy who reccomended Thunder Ridge: I've heard of them before. What type of appliances are included in the apartment?

We had a refridgerator and dishwasher. You do have to supply your own microwave and there is a pay washer dryer in the hallway on the bottom level. It cost $1.50 to wash and $1.50 to dry. Its pretty reasonable for the area. They landscaped the area by the office where there is a pond type thing, couple holes for putting green and a basketball court.

Rydes84

Dec 13, 2008
Granger
There is also Pointe West apartments by UNI, little more upscale and not the party scene. You can also find a couple houses and duplexs for rent in and around the Thunder Ridge/Fareway area.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I just moved from Cedar Falls to Ankeny this summer. I lived at Thunder Ridge apartments there. We really liked it. Cedar falls in general doesn't have alot of apartment options. We had a really hard time finding a place. The rent is about $695 for a 2 bedroom and less than that for a 1 bedroom. Staff there is really nice to work with. Good luck on your search pm me if you have any questions.
For you being a Packer fan, I must say, we live WAY to close to each other.

:jimlad:

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008

I lived in Campus Court on the corner of University and Hudson...reasonably priced, close to campus and a lot of space. You'll probably want to find another roommate or two, but I think rent was like $450 at most. Generally a lot more quiet than Hillcrest, Sterling, Jacks etc. Its got its share of parties, but not like those mentioned.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
My son and 3 friends are looking at Hidden Valley. Any info 11 years later?

They're fine. Kind of your average, run of the mill, college housing. Management is pretty easy to get along with as long as you're not a DB. My sister lived there for 2 years and never really had any problems (moved out Summer of 19 after graduating).

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
They're fine. Kind of your average, run of the mill, college housing. Management is pretty easy to get along with as long as you're not a DB. My sister lived there for 2 years and never really had any problems (moved out Summer of 19 after graduating).
Is the location safe/decent? Sorry if a dumb question. I know nothing about CF.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Is the location safe/decent? Sorry if a dumb question. I know nothing about CF.

Absolutely fine. No issues at all. Walking distance to campus, night life and pretty much anything else you could need in Cedar Falls.

If they don't mind a little drive, Thunder Ridge is another great place to look. Nice sized apartments in a quiet neighborhood but they're a good 3 or 4 miles from campus.

Frankly, outside of a 12ish block area in Waterloo, that you have to go out of your way to get to, there isn't anywhere in Waterloo/Cedar Falls that I wouldn't feel completely safe and comfortable living in.