Anyone seen Kid Rock live?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Kid Rock is the Lynard Skynard of my generation. Mullet Rock. Saying that I do have some of his music on my ipod.

This is a massive insult to Ronnie Van Zant. Skynyrd wrote some incredibly good songs, and threw down some of the best riffs of all-time. Don't blame Skynyrd because they have some idiot fans. They're one of the best American rock and roll bands of all time.

Kid Rock is a no-talent *** clown. Although I will also admit to owning his break through album. I thought it was pretty bad *** when I was 13.

And just for 3TrueFans: DRIVEBYTRUCKERS

Reactions: 3TrueFans

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
saw him 13 years ago when joe c was still alive at rockfest in omaha. great show-his guitarist blew his f-ing knee out on stage.

foo fighters, stp, and a ton of others were there as well.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Yeah, like 11 years ago at Rockfest (when his last good CD came out). His guitarist had to leave, hurt himself or something, the guitarist from Buckcherry filled in for a few songs.

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
I saw him in MSP about 9 years ago and he did the same, played for a while on every instrument. He does have musical talent, he just does a good job of hiding it most of the time. It was actually a good show if you're in the right frame of mind for it. We'd been drinking in the sun all day with 10k other people and the sun was finally down so needless to say we were in the right frame of mind for it at the time.

That might have had something to do with it. :spinny: Drunkenness, raining, loud rock music, and lots of girls. Kid Rock was ok I guess. :cool:

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
This is a massive insult to Ronnie Van Zant. Skynyrd wrote some incredibly good songs, and threw down some of the best riffs of all-time. Don't blame Skynyrd because they have some idiot fans. They're one of the best American rock and roll bands of all time.

Kid Rock is a no-talent *** clown. Although I will also admit to owning his break through album. I thought it was pretty bad *** when I was 13.

Talented musician w/ a bunch of loud redneck fans that annoy me, I stand by my comparison.

Kid Rock to Lynard Skynard is a hell of a lot closer in comparison to Fall Out Boy and Led Zepplin. If you think Lynard Skynard ranks up there with Led Zepplin, I feel sorry for your ears.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Kid Rock to Lynard Skynard is a hell of a lot closer in comparison to Fall Out Boy and Led Zepplin. If you think Lynard Skynard ranks up there with Led Zepplin, I feel sorry for your ears.

Skynard up there with Zeppelin? Hardly. I was just being a wise a** in response to your comparison.

Keep rocking out to Kid Rock...I'll feel sorry for your ears

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

:biglaugh: Thank you for that!

Reactions: Al_4_State

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Saw him at the State Fair. Suprised that he was that good, didnt really listen to his music much so didnt know that he could play so many instruments. His band is pretty good. He has strippers on stage w/ him at all times.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Talented musician w/ a bunch of loud redneck fans that annoy me, I stand by my comparison.

Except that I said greatest AMERICAN bands. Zeppelin is British (and better than Skynyrd).

Also, I don't think Kid Rock is anywhere near Skynyrd in terms of talent. Not even close. Kid Rock's most popular song was a sample of Skynyrd and Warren Zevon. The guy put out one remotely original album 12 years ago, and that's about it. Everything he's done since has been formulaic or literally just samples other artist's work and raps over it.

3TrueFans said:
Thank you for that!

No problem. You were busting your arse following my music posts for awhile, so I figured I'd save you the work. Never let it be said that I'm not willing to lend a hand where needed!

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
hes a talented muscian. You dorks need to put away your Nickleback CDs and get with it.

He may be too street for you crackers.

You must have never heard him sing that duet with Sheryl Crow. Seriously, farm animals died en masse listening to that song and it prevented an invasion by space aliens with large, gelatinous heads.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
You must have never heard him sing that duet with Sheryl Crow. Seriously, farm animals died en masse listening to that song and it prevented an invasion by space aliens with large, gelatinous heads.

I'd rather listen to that that song than the damn Sweet Home Alabama/Werewolves of London rip off.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
He's at Sprint Center tonight and wife and I are thinking about going.

Yeah and I thought he sucked. Saw him at the Target Center. 15,000 in there. The next night I saw The Church out of Sidney Australia down the street at First Avenue and they were way better. Just more talented. Everyone knows kid rock, not many know about The Church. Of course that seems to be the way it is anymore, the talent is not always the best or most marketed.

Last edited:

HuddleUp

Jan 9, 2009
Kansas City
Yeah and I thought he sucked. Saw him at the Target Center. 15,000 in there. The next night I saw The Church out of Sidney Australia down the street at First Avenue and they were way better. Just more talented. Everyone knows kid rock, not many know about The Church. Of course that seems to be the way it is anymore, the talent is not always the best or most marketed.

We did end up going last night. Sprint Center was sold out. I didn't see a single empty seat. There had to be at least 20,000 there. Hardly any scalpers with tickets. I only know a few of his songs. I will say he's better than I thought he would be.

My wife got into it more than I did. He definitely has a huge female following young and old. I've been to many, many concerts at Sprint Center and his crowd was as good as any I've seen in that place. Kind of surprised me. Lot of haters in this thread for some reason. He's pretty talented.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
We did end up going last night. Sprint Center was sold out. I didn't see a single empty seat. There had to be at least 20,000 there. Hardly any scalpers with tickets. I only know a few of his songs. I will say he's better than I thought he would be.

My wife got into it more than I did. He definitely has a huge female following young and old. I've been to many, many concerts at Sprint Center and his crowd was as good as any I've seen in that place. Kind of surprised me. Lot of haters in this thread for some reason. He's pretty talented.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwIGZLjugKA]YouTube - Kid Rock - All Summer Long [OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO][/ame]

This is that reason.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Yeah... you're right. One video that you don't care for means he sucks. The 20,000 that I saw that were as loud as McCartney, ACDC, Springsteen, Metallica, Brooks, Green Day, etc. are all morons lol.

I bet Britney Spears puts 20,000 loud people into the Sprint Center too. Do you think she's good? How about the Jonas Brothers? Bieber? Hanson in 1998?

I never said any who likes Kid Rock was a moron, I was just explaining why a lot of people don't like the guy. I would assume a bright guy could see the difference right?

HuddleUp

Jan 9, 2009
Kansas City
I bet Britney Spears puts 20,000 loud people into the Sprint Center too. Do you think she's good? How about the Jonas Brothers? Bieber? Hanson in 1998?

I never said any who likes Kid Rock was a moron, I was just explaining why a lot of people don't like the guy. I would assume a bright guy could see the difference right?

Actually, I do think they are good in their own way. How do you have that kind of success and not be "good"? Your definition of good or what constitutes good may not be the same as mine or anyone else. Is either right or wrong?

Look, I might know two maybe three Kid Rock songs. After seeing him in person, with my own eyes, I can say he is talented. He plays nearly every instrument in his band. His vocals are solid. He works his crowd well. He puts on a hell of show. Would I see him again? Probably not. I would recommend to anyone interested or half interested (like I was) to go see the guy.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Actually, I do think they are good in their own way. How do you have that kind of success and not be "good"? Your definition of good or what constitutes good may not be the same as mine or anyone else. Is either right or wrong?

Look, I might know two maybe three Kid Rock songs. After seeing him in person, with my own eyes, I can say he is talented. He plays nearly every instrument in his band. His vocals are solid. He works his crowd well. He puts on a hell of show. Would I see him again? Probably not. I would recommend to anyone interested or half interested (like I was) to go see the guy.

There is no right or wrong, I agree. It's all a matter of preference. But to assume that just because something is popular means that it's good doesn't really make sense to me.