Anyone old enough to remember Carl Eller?

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
According to police, Eller's vehicle nearly hit the cops after running a stop sign so, naturally they gave chase. That chase ended at Eller's home where he refused to get out of his car and instead opened the garage door remotely and drove in. Once in the garage he tried to walk into the house, despite attempts by the two officers to get him to surrender.At that point Eller, reportedly attacked the officers with "superhuman" strength, and even a taser hit did not slow him down. EVEN A TASER DID NOT SLOW HIM DOWN. The two cops involved, Gil Antaya and Seth Porras, say they felt like there were "fighting for their lives during the four to five minute altercation' and that the former NFL star threatened to kill them. Officers were only able to subdue Eller after backup arrived and those officers tasered the big guy several mores times. Damn! Eventually he was booked and charged with suspicion of driving while intoxicated, fleeing police and assaulting a police officer.

Link:
kare11.com :: KARE 11 TV - Police need several taser shots to subdue ex-Viking Carl Eller

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
They didn't call them the purple people eaters for nothing. I believe one of his teammates is a judge in Minn. now, perhaps he will let him off.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Yes, I remember him...Alan Page is a judge, I believe. Jim Marshall also played the D-line with them. Who was the fourth D-lineman...Gary something?

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I remember him. He and the rest of the Purple People Eaters are the reason that I was, am and always will be a Vikings fan.

Of course it would have been nice if they could have won just ONE of those Super Bowls that they went to. Or, at least beat those %^&$#ing Cowboys a time or two in the playoffs.

This is too bad. I believe he got another OWI a year or so ago.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Vikings fan here, but too young to remember... I know the names well, though. He just cant get his crap together, too bad.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
I hope I'm wrong here, but didn't Eller sell his Superbowl Runner-up ring years ago because of his drug habit? As I said, I hope I'm wrong.