Anyone know if we are looking at Juco shooters for next year?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
This team could really use a McGee type 3 point shooter to help spark the offense. There are 2 guys at Indian Hills that look like higher end shooters than anything we have on the roster right now.

Don McHenry being a black juco shooting guard and not an old white country music singer is the biggest shock of my morning.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
This team could really use a McGee type 3 point shooter to help spark the offense. There are 2 guys at Indian Hills that look like higher end shooters than anything we have on the roster right now.

No idea regarding your question but I trust TJ 100% as a recruiter - he will find kids anywhere.
Appears to me me are intent on going the high school route. We have a fantastic shooter in Milan M coming in.
We will always work the portal. The last two years have been an anomaly imo, as we move on from 2-22. Soon, I believe, we will be down to a couple portal guys per year.
Could be next year with 4 HS freshman, 3 HS sophs and possibly several upper class returnees. But, I still expect 2-3 portal guys next year. That could be portal or JUCO if there are fits.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
I'd be relatively optimistic that we can land a high scoring guard in the portal this offseason, since we're losing Holmes and Kalscheur. Lipsey should be a real attractive PG to play off the ball with. I also think Milan will have a huge scoring impact next year, and would not be surprised if he averages 12-15ppg and shoots 40+ percent from three