Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
I can hear Pollard on the phone with all the message board posters Friday morning... " look, I know Fred lost to our rivals by 40 but it wasn't 50. We can get him for a 10 million buyout to Nebby AND pay him more than Matt makes. It will be awesome next winter in Hilton so let's DO this!"
Jc you're a fool.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I’ll exchange Venmo info via PM for a sizable wager with anyone who thinks Fred will be in Ames next year.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
No, it would be embarrassing for the school and the fan base. You are correct, this site would go crazy, and it should. It would send the message that ISU no longer cares about men's basketball.

For Pollard to make the decision to retain Prohm after what he has done the last 3 years would be putting the pressure on Pollard. A dangerous position for an AD to be in, betting his job maybe or at least pissing off the large donors, to keep Prohm around for another year. If that would happen, then Prohm would have to win next year, and win big.

i don’t understand why you guys keep posting the same thing, though.

every one knows he’s not coming back. But you guys posting these same doomsday scenarios like there’s some sort of doubt that a change isn’t going to be made.

now just watching your collective heads explode because the ad is following normal professional protocols, is really the only thing that is making the end of the season remotely interesting

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Nobody but you are foolish to think a has been who didn't want to be at Iowa State is going to pull us out of this shi* hole.
To be honest, I personally know he wants to come back, and I love that from him. If donors are fronting the money for his buyout, my approach is what we have to lose? We're absolutely horse ****, and I honestly don't think we could get any worse.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
I can hear Pollard on the phone with all the message board posters Friday morning... " look, I know Fred lost to our rivals by 40 but it wasn't 50. We can get him for a 10 million buyout to Nebby AND pay him more than Matt makes. It will be awesome next winter in Hilton so let's DO this!"
Same for you whole

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I am a huge Fred fan. I loved Fred the player. I loved following Fred in the NBA (one of the 12 NBA fans in Iowa Blum talks about). I loved Fred the coach.

However to be a long term coach you have to continually adapt a evolve. For me to get excited about Fred I want to hear his plan in that regard. The first time around he essentially exploited a recruiting loop hole that now everyone has figured out and he was one of the leading guys pushing playing with pace, space and efficient shots only which again many have figured out.

The end of Fred’s tenure at Iowa State the signs were starting to show. They are clear at Nebraska. He’s a really smart guy and I believe he can adapt. I want to hear the plan though.

Also while there appears to be smoke around the rumors I also feel like it’s mostly a dynamic of a set of fans fans that can’t get over Fred leaving because he just didn’t want to be here

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
i don’t understand why you guys keep posting the same thing, though.

every one knows he’s not coming back. But you guys posting these same doomsday scenarios like there’s some sort of doubt that a change isn’t going to be made.

now just watching your collective heads explode because the ad is following normal professional protocols, is really the only thing that is making the end of the season remotely interesting
Until its official, he is still the coach, and since there has been NO announcement, it will stay that way until Prohm is canned.

Yes, I do believe ISU will fire him at the end of the year, but we are not there yet, no matter what you and I think.