Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Just heard this from a guy that hits on probably 50/50 on the rumors he tells me. He’s hearing that Prohm isn’t going to just go along with this “mutual parting” and Pollard is worried about shaking up the AD and affecting football in front of a potentially huge 2021 season.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I’ve gotta think if he has made that decision he needs to come out and say it as soon as possible (clearly that decision would have been made independent of any goals for success or progress this season). To the fan base, and probably the team and potential recruits, he looks like a dead coach walking. If he is staying he needs to get out in front with that vote of confidence.

I just don’t see how he could have made that decision given the trajectory of the program.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Of course Prohm wouldn't just go along with a mutual parting. Pay him the buyout he’s owed and fire him. This isn’t that hard.

I have no idea how Pollard could justify bringing Prohm back. The few million it will cost in buyout money will be small compared to the damage done to the program by bringing him back.

But the more this drags on without any statement, the more likely he’s done.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I said in another thread that the money might not be there and I heard they don't have a donor stepping up for the buyout. The only thing I am surprised if that is true and Prohm is staying, why no comment from JP ssaying he is coming back or we have faith in him or something along those lines. Then again it seems everytime I hear that the coach is gone like two weeks later.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I don’t know why people would be shocked by this. Our team absolutely sucks but there’s more to just firing him like the financial side of it. If we can afford it, ok. But I don’t want it strapping down the FB program in any way.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Just heard this from a guy that hits on probably 50/50 on the rumors he tells me. He’s hearing that Prohm isn’t going to just go along with this “mutual parting” and Pollard is worried about shaking up the AD and affecting football in front of a potentially huge 2021 season.

you need to be getting some kickbacks for driving traffic on this site.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I trust Jamie has run the numbers/projections lots of different ways and also understands all the internal/external optics of it all (and I guess he also would have to factor in his pride in it)

I would guess any "mutually agreed" type of thing would be PR and still come with the hefty buyout. I guess I wouldn't expect Prohm to just roll over and give up, but I suppose he and JP could talk about "might want to start looking" as Prohm may see a situation he'd like to choose.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
If he is staying I would wonder if it was in conjunction with a major staff shake up. If that is the case any statements along those lines would not come until the end of the season.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
If he is staying I would wonder if it was in conjunction with a major staff shake up. If that is the case any statements along those lines would not come until the end of the season.

This sounds feasible. I would think as a common courtesy to the incoming recruits you would let them know ahead of time so they can open up their recruitment process if they chose to go in a different direction. I haven't heard of any yet. Regardless.......if he is back.....I'll be there.

• Friendly
Reactions: t-noah and dinger

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I said in another thread that the money might not be there and I heard they don't have a donor stepping up for the buyout. The only thing I am surprised if that is true and Prohm is staying, why no comment from JP ssaying he is coming back or we have faith in him or something along those lines. Then again it seems everytime I hear that the coach is gone like two weeks later.
Let's see... why would Pollard not say anything about that? Maybe because every time someone gives the "dreaded" vote of confidence everyone immediately says "Oh, they're done!" There is no benefit whatsoever to making public statements in this situation.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The "vote of confidence" is usually cringey in all sports and a lot of the times worse than just not saying anything.