Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
I get it. It sucks that you don’t have any access. But for your info, Fred reached out to JP.....but keep that under your hat because folks might get upset because it isn’t public knowledge
Ok. Neither of us a budging. Tell you what. Let me know when you are correct and I'll kudos you for being inside the ring of know what's going to happen and tip of the hat to you.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Don’t get me wrong, all for this. But the obvious questions exist.
1. why would Fred leave with the best recruiting class NU has, with a 5 star McGowins coming in?
2. Why would he come back with a full rebuild again, under harder circumstances than 2010 and better league all together?

This doesn’t even account for potential issues with the money. Just trying to account for a plausible case to be made.

I don't think Fred is coming back here but I'll respond to #1. He already has a track record of leaving one of the most loaded college teams in the country (how many NBA players were on Prohm's first team?) and it was mentioned he told Niang's Mom he would be back and he still left to take the Bulls job.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I get it. It sucks that you don’t have any access. But for your info, Fred reached out to JP.....but keep that under your hat because folks might get upset because it isn’t public knowledge
you sure that wasn't right after the Bulls firing? Before Nebr happened?

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
The deity formally known as The Mayor is playing Iowa on BTN right now if any of you wankers want to check it out and get a woodie. Maybe burn some incense and sacrifice a lamb or a goat.

#Dreamjob :rolleyes:
Maybe he will have a religious moment in Iowa ****** and realize his DESTINY. Or... the next easy 10 million.

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
We hear people wanting to hire Jeff Hornacek because he has NBA coaching experience, here are his and Fred's career NBA winning percentages:
Hornacek: .427
Hoiberg: .426
Well and a big thing to me is one thing Fred said he didn’t enjoy recruiting but now after he got his taste of managing egos in the NBA recruiting is not so bad..... But Hornacek has never had to go evaluate high school talent and recruit and put together a college team. Both have great basketball minds but I think Fred can go in and use his ability to connect with kids and their family to come play for him. I don’t see Hornacek having that same ability.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
The deity formally known as The Mayor is playing Iowa on BTN right now if any of you wankers want to check it out and get a woodie. Maybe burn some incense and sacrifice a lamb or a goat.

#Dreamjob :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ himself couldn’t save ISU basketball. Only Fred Hoiberg.

• Winner
Reactions: Dudley4CY