Any Guess on the Missouri Spread?

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
On KC sports radio yesterday, it was reported that in addition to losing the big exhibition game to KU, Missouri also lost a scrimmage to Wisconsin. Word was their D was poor.

No idea how good Wisky is.

They will probably be a very different team at the end of the year. But as others have noted, we probably have no chance if our full complement of players is not even available.

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
I think the talent around Porter (mostly due to his brother being on the team) is better but I do see some comparisons to the LSU team with Ben Simmons. Both had some good recruits around them, both play for programs that are kind of in limbo, and both have coaches that can recruit but not really coach.

I am not saying I am picking ISU to win, especially on the road, but given last year when we played to the level of competition, my gut feeling is that it will be close. Star freshman are not guaranteed to be world beaters and first game of the season and first game against live bullets is way different than the 30th.

ISU 70- Mizzou 76

Cyclone1995

Mar 16, 2016
Any word on when Brase will be able to play? I would love to know what kind of player he will be, but all we know about him is that he's always recovering from his injury.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Any word on when Brase will be able to play? I would love to know what kind of player he will be, but all we know about him is that he's always recovering from his injury.

Was supposed to play maybe 10 in the exhibition, but trainer decided to hold him out. I'd be surprised if they introduced him into play in a high energy environment like Missouri for the first time out. I'd bet we see him a little in the game after that.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Line should open at 8.5 and I would imagine it will climb to 11 or 12 by tip. W/o Lard

Missouri 94
Iowa State 73

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It should be Mizzou by about a dozen..... and no, we won't cover.

At this point I'm just hoping all our 2018 recruits make it here next year, and let's go from there.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
They definitely had issues, but they have big basketball fans, just fair weather fans. They're not like Cyclone fans that will come to football games, despite the team's lack of success.
Although, I can't remember, what was the attendance in Hilton during the last couple years of McDermott? I do remember buying tickets, from Iowa St, the week of Big 12 games, in Hoiberg's second season. No way you can do that now.

At the end of the McDermott era ISU was still over 10,000 per game season attendance for a yr or 2 there ISU men's and women's BB programs led the state in attendance. Hawkeye men came in 3rd.

ISU fans are by far some of the most loyal fans of any in any sport. The AD is lucky to have fans like us.

• Agree
Reactions: WastedTalent

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron