Any good alternatives to Mint you guys would recommend?

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
Was thinking you meant mint as in making coins. I was going to say to avoid the chiz coin. Actually avoid minting any.

I do have, I think, Vault?. I was in it once and it was nice, forgot my username, password and everything so I just call my broker lady and ask her.

Yeah. Lots of law enforcement kind of frowns on counterfeiting

Dante

Dec 23, 2015
So I've used Mint for our finances for about 2-3 years but I'm having some issues with it these days. My wife's retirement account won't connect with it, nor does Robbinhood, the free trading service I often use.

I've seen the alternatives out there but was wondering if any of you guys use anything different/would recommend something?

I would recommend ynab, I use the classic version, but it's now an online based thing. I've never used mint, so I can't compare. The online version costs like $7/month, but you get a free trial before committing to it.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Thanks for the tips, guys,

On the RobbinHood thing, I use Schwab for all of my main investments, trading. I use RH for quick stuff that I don't plan on holding for along time. Just makes more sense with no commission fees. Little stuff but it adds up.

I think I'm going to give PC a shot.

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
While on the topic, who do you recommend for trading platforms? Was a happy Scottrade customer for many years and they were recently purchased by TD. The main feature that I am missing right now is the FRIP which automatically took dividends / contributions and allocated the to investments of my choice with no additional fees (including the purchase of investments through the FRIP).

TD has a DRIP which is nice, but only invests in the investments that generated the dividends in the first place.

Figured with the changeover it would be a good time to shop around.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
While on the topic, who do you recommend for trading platforms? Was a happy Scottrade customer for many years and they were recently purchased by TD. The main feature that I am missing right now is the FRIP which automatically took dividends / contributions and allocated the to investments of my choice with no additional fees (including the purchase of investments through the FRIP).

TD has a DRIP which is nice, but only invests in the investments that generated the dividends in the first place.

Figured with the changeover it would be a good time to shop around.

I like Schwab a lot. I also have accounts with TD and Fidelity. Schwab's customer service is top notch, IMO. Their index fund fees are slightly lower than others too. I'm happy with them.

Reactions: crash_zone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I like Schwab a lot. I also have accounts with TD and Fidelity. Schwab's customer service is top notch, IMO. Their index fund fees are slightly lower than others too. I'm happy with them.

My Roth is through Vanguard, but decided to go with Schwab to set up an additional brokerage account. Been very pleased with them so far. The low minimums make it easy to invest whatever's left over each month.

mkadlmkadl

Dec 5, 2017
I have been using Quicken since the last century. Connects every one of my accounts except Bank of the West. Bank of the West charges a fee to connect automatically. I therefore log into BOW then download into quicken. One quicken feature is that in you investment accounts it will show reports that are not available on TD Ameritrade.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
I’ll second Schwab - i’ve Had great experiences with them. They have waived trading fees to buy Vanguard mutual funds on my account.

They have messed up paperwork twice since i’ve Used them (minor - I just had to re-send forms twice) and both times they put $100 Into my account to make up for it.

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
What are Schwab ‘s fees like? Can you trade commodities through their platform?

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I use Personal Capital but am looking for something else. I have a tough time getting everything to sync all of the time. One of our credit unions (4 accounts) and my wife's 401k.

And I get phone calls from them all the time. ALL THE TIME :mad: