Another female teacher incident

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I had to look up what an "enrichment teacher" is:

1716411698909.png
I don't think I would want to learn her elective style of teaching is after seeing her photo.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I skimmed the article earlier. I either missed this line the first time or this line was later added:

"According to court documents, an investigation into Ortiz began after she told another teacher of a sexual encounter between Ortiz and the student earlier this month."

I'm sure that is the bigger issue.

Right, but the incident "earlier this month" was still after the graduation party.

Add in the fact that she was not his teacher and hadn't been for several years (if ever) and I think we're pushing the limits of what the law is supposed to be protecting.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Right, but the incident "earlier this month" was still after the graduation party.

Add in the fact that she was not his teacher and hadn't been for several years (if ever) and I think we're pushing the limits of what the law is supposed to be protecting.
My high school freshman year science teacher didn't show up to school one day. Found out later he ran off to Hawaii with a woman who was a senior. Pretty sure no warrants were released. If they're adults what's the issue?

Reactions: NWICY

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
My high school freshman year science teacher didn't show up to school one day. Found out later he ran off to Hawaii with a woman who was a senior. Pretty sure no warrants were released. If they're adults what's the issue?

She was a student at the same high school?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
As an uncle, I'm probably going to have a problem if this guy has been grooming my niece since she was 14 or 15 years old.
I have no idea if that was the circumstance. I just don't know how it's legally enforceable if they're both consenting adults?

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I skimmed the article earlier. I either missed this line the first time or this line was later added:

"According to court documents, an investigation into Ortiz began after she told another teacher of a sexual encounter between Ortiz and the student earlier this month."

I'm sure that is the bigger issue.
The bigger issue is that she is only like a 4.

• Haha
Reactions: Jer

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
I'm just saying regardless of the circumstance sex with an 18 y/o shouldn't get you 20 years in the pokey.
Teacher here. Not super up on my banging student punishments, but I think in Iowa there is a like a 3-6 month post graduation window where you are not allowed to have relations with a former student, even if they are 18.

As a teacher, I'm not a student's boss. I'm not their superior or supervisor. I'm an educator here to teach. However, there are a lot of duties and responsibilities that aren't on the job application. I've had several appropriate relationships with students that extend beyond the high school walls, helping them in times of need or just being a supporter for them. A lot of these kids I care about like my own children, being said, they're idiots. Have you ever talked to an 18 year old? It's almost like they want to be adults but they have the sensibilities of an 8 year old. I understand 18 is "an adult", but it's still gross as **** if you've ever worked around kids that age.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Reactions: JimmyChitwood

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
24M with 14F. Not cool.
Yeah and once he started it. He can't stop it either. That is the other problem with these teachers vs students thing. Even if he had found morals, the teacher has to continue doing it or get told on. I wonder how many of these students hold that Carrot over their head. End this and I end you. WHich I am fine with

Reactions: 1SEIACLONE

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron