Annoying Iowa fans who don't shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Notre
Dame is 10-4, just beat Duke this weekend without their leading scorer, beat Indiana on a neutral court, and took OSU to a last minute basket at OSU. They had inexplicable losses to NDSU and Indy State, but it was a good win for Iowa. Your schedule looked way tougher at the beginning of the year. Now, it really doesn't. Iowa is the best team you have played this year,and it was at home. Michigan is way worse than anybody thought, and you got them at home. BYU is 9-7 with losses to Pepperdine, Utah, and LMU among others. At some point, you need to quit talking about this as a good win. Iowa has lost at Wisconsin, and on a neutral court to Villanova, both ranked higher than you. The difference between the two teams right now, is that Iowa has played their really tough games on the road, while ISU has gotten them all at home. That Iowa fan may be annoying, but they are right, right now. It's a long season, tonight will go a long way towards ISU's credibility and their ranking, but once again, it's at home.

Good to see that you're using a home win vs. a team that got beat by Indiana State and ND State as your measuring stick. Over the past two years Iowa is 0-9 vs. teams ranked at the time of the game. I think Iowa is a good team with the potential to be very good. However, at some point they need to prove it by closing out vs. a ranked team. Until then, it's only potential. You can see games every week where average to bad teams play with or outplay ranked teams for 30 minutes or more, but in the end most times the better team finds a way to win. People saying they think Iowa is a better team than ISU are ignoring a massive sample size of Iowa bed-wetting, think NCAA basketball is going to a boxing scoring system, or simply have faith that a year and a half long trend is suddenly going to reverse.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
I always pull for Clones when not playing Hawks. Pulled for Clones longer than most of the posters in this thread have been around. Will go to a game when I have a chance. Threads like this make it difficult sometimes. I know there are Hawk fans like some Clone fans posting in this thread. Long drive to watch either team.

I'm right with ya, have always enjoyed watching ISU in BB and FB (sans Chizik). ForeverIowan thinks I got grounded, but I really just needed to stay away from this site some and all the ISU fan stupid in order to keep rooting for them. Annoying ISU fan makes it really tough, but thank god most of the annoying fans on here, and not in my personal day to day dealings. Oh, hey I guess it goes both ways, huh, who wodda thunk it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron