Already a line out for the Oklahoma State game

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
They don't set lines to be right or wrong. They do it to balance betting. If they get hit on one side, they move because they don't care who wins as long as they do.

They actually do both. Look at CBB for example; KenPom has 0 interest in balancing wagers but his predictive spreads are nearly identical to bookmaker's, and his are available well in advance of the games.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
This is so dumb. Who on earth could've watched the ISU-Iowa game and come to the conclusion that "ISU was the far better team?" You guys have to stop this crap. Analytics is not football. It is a tool. Numbers can be manipulated to support whatever outcome you desire. But this one was obvious. Iowa is better than ISU this season.

Iowa was certainly better that day props to them, no question. Doesn't equate to being the better team over the course of a season.

• Winner
Reactions: RezClone and JM4CY

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
This is so dumb. Who on earth could've watched the ISU-Iowa game and come to the conclusion that "ISU was the far better team?" You guys have to stop this crap. Analytics is not football. It is a tool. Numbers can be manipulated to support whatever outcome you desire. But this one was obvious. Iowa is better than ISU this season.
Really? Watching that game would you rather have ISU's team or Iowa's team for the rest of the season. The only aspects Iowa was better at was punting and turnovers. Iowa won't continue to have an amazing turnover ratio all season and their defense can't continue to score at the rate they have been. They have no offense which is hard to correct and will continue to bite them occasionally throughout the season.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
-7 as of now! Can't believe it got wider. I'm taking that one and hoping for the ISU win and the cover. If we thrash them all the better.

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
  • CMC is now 11-2 in October since 2017... both losses are to the Cowboys.
  • They may have not looked pretty, but OSU's strength of record is hard to ignore.
  • Really surprised at the -7 line.
  • FPI and other metrics really started with OSU really low. I'm not sure what all they lost last year, but really surprising. They're clearly better than those metrics though.
  • I'm sure glad we have this game at home!
  • I have ISU in a close one!

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Sanders has been inconsistent and he's due for another bad game. It'll come this Saturday.
Our D will get two INTs, with one being a pick six.
Don't remember if it was halftime or post-game of the OSU v. UT game but the 'studio guy' pointed out that Sanders is the active leader in TO's - which surprised me a bit. Need to force him into one or two of those this weekend and limit his ability to escape/ extend plays with his legs.

UT had NO answer with rushing defense in the 2nd half from my observation.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Sanders has been inconsistent and he's due for another bad game. It'll come this Saturday.
Our D will get two INTs, with one being a pick six.
Having O'Rien Vance back is huge for this matchup because you have to spy Sanders and Vance has proven to be good at spying running QBs and really likes to play downhill, almost to the point of being a little one dimensional in that regard.

JH deserves more credit for flipping Rose to the outside to allow Vance to play to his strengths. With how well it's worked out, it's easy to overlook what a ballsy move that was considering how well Rose played in the middle his Freshman year. The easy move would have been to leave him there. Nobody would have questioned it.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
At least Saturday is not October 18th

Attachments

• 1634589113033.png
    1634589113033.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 18

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Really? Watching that game would you rather have ISU's team or Iowa's team for the rest of the season. The only aspects Iowa was better at was punting and turnovers. Iowa won't continue to have an amazing turnover ratio all season and their defense can't continue to score at the rate they have been. They have no offense which is hard to correct and will continue to bite them occasionally throughout the season.
Remove the name from the jerseys, and my preference is for the team that shows up every month, not just in October. It’s frustrating knowing that two of our three units are superior, but the third is so gawdawful that it completely subverts any advantage gained by the O and D.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I thought this was interesting (this guy is a great follow on Twitter)

Special teams rears its ugly head in those field position numbers. Jeez, imagine where this team would be if we werent incompetent in punting and kick coverage.

Reactions: fsanford

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron