All time scoring leaders list

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Also don't forget about the 3 point line too. Barry Stevens played when there wasn't one. He may still have been #1 scoring leader.

No, he wouldn't have. Barry would have needed 313 of his 880 career baskets (over 35%) to have been behind the arc to stay ahead of Grayer.

The ISU three-point record is 270 (Sullivan).

Grayer only had the arc for his last two years. He made a grand total of 27 treys out of his 540 FGM (5%) in that two-year span.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
His production is really being overshadowed this year with Kane and Ejim's performances, but your prediction is probably spot on. We have a four year starter that is constantly averaging double digits a game, is capable of 20-25 points on any given night, and is playing under a coach that loves mismatches and letting his players shoot out of slumps.

Great time to be a fan.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
So does anyone think Wesley has a chance at cracking top 7 or so? Or anybody on this team I guess I should ask? I would assume Craig would have a chance, if he's here for 4 years that is...
Wesley transferred and passed on setting a record for McD.:spinny:

This thread shows how things can happen.....

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
No, he wouldn't have. Barry would have needed 313 of his 880 career baskets (over 35%) to have been behind the arc to stay ahead of Grayer.

The ISU three-point record is 270 (Sullivan).

Grayer only had the arc for his last two years. He made a grand total of 27 treys out of his 540 FGM (5%) in that two-year span.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that 35% of Stevens' shot attempts would have been from 3-pt range. Having seen all but a handful of his games, if anything 35% seems low. The guy was money from that left corner and he was money from long range. 53% of Sullivan's attempts were threes and I would guess that close to half of Barry's were around that distance. If the rule had been in place, certainly strategically he would have been looking to take them from behind the line. His game was like Willoughby's and would have had similar numbers in my opinion, so you can do the math if you wish. Saying that 35% of his shots is some kind of barrier confuses how he played and what his game was. I would have said that AT LEAST 35% of his shots were that distance. Barry would have had multiple years with 100+ threes, no question in my mind.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that 35% of Stevens' shot attempts would have been from 3-pt range. Having seen all but a handful of his games, if anything 35% seems low. The guy was money from that left corner and he was money from long range. 53% of Sullivan's attempts were threes and I would guess that close to half of Barry's were around that distance. If the rule had been in place, certainly strategically he would have been looking to take them from behind the line. His game was like Willoughby's and would have had similar numbers in my opinion, so you can do the math if you wish. Saying that 35% of his shots is some kind of barrier confuses how he played and what his game was. I would have said that AT LEAST 35% of his shots were that distance. Barry would have had multiple years with 100+ threes, no question in my mind.
The defense would have been different though too.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that 35% of Stevens' shot attempts would have been from 3-pt range. Having seen all but a handful of his games, if anything 35% seems low.

35% of the baskets he made, not 35% of the ones he attempted.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
So out of top 75 players in ISU annals, the four year players were (20) Hercle Ivory, Jeff Grayer, Barry Stevens, Victor Alexander, Fred Hoiberg, Andrew Parker, Jake Sullivan, Julius Michilik, Chuck Duncan, Vince Brewer, Justis Thigpen, Ron Harris, Robert Estes, Loren Meyer, Dean Uthoff, LaFester The Real Rhodes, Jeff Hornachek, Diante Garrett, Melvin Ejim, and Elmer Robinson. The rest were one, two, three year players.

Anyone want to make an all star group of four teams based on 1.2.3.4 years of playing?

Cyclone Player Scoring, By Career |

cycoticfan

Dec 14, 2008
Johnston IA
So out of top 75 players in ISU annals, the four year players were (20) Hercle Ivory, Jeff Grayer, Barry Stevens, Victor Alexander, Fred Hoiberg, Andrew Parker, Jake Sullivan, Julius Michilik, Chuck Duncan, Vince Brewer, Justis Thigpen, Ron Harris, Robert Estes, Loren Meyer, Dean Uthoff, LaFester The Real Rhodes, Jeff Hornachek, Diante Garrett, Melvin Ejim, and Elmer Robinson. The rest were one, two, three year players.

Anyone want to make an all star group of four teams based on 1.2.3.4 years of playing?

Cyclone Player Scoring, By Career |

You forgot Rahshon Clark, 2004-2008