All Iowa/ISU Wrestling Lineup

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
How are Lee and Glory both undefeated? I thought Iowa and Princeton wrestled each other this year

Noah Adams has no chance. There is zero style points whatsoever with that guy from what I’ve seen

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Great article on Iowa. Shame they couldn't make it official, but everyone knows the real battle in Minney would've been for 2nd/3rd. Not sure if Nebby would've had the same kind of day they did at B1G's, but with PSU only bringing 7 (actually 6 with any real chance at points) I wouldn't have been surprised to see Nebby pulling off a 2nd place finish.

A lot of pundits are clamoring for the NCAA to name a national champion in wrestling. I agree. Iowa took on all of the top teams and decimated all of them except PSU, whom they still beat. They also won the hardest by far conference tournament in convincing fasion. Iowa was pretty much a shoe in to win the whole thing.

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: breck53 and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
A lot of pundits are clamoring for the NCAA to name a national champion in wrestling. I agree. Iowa took on all of the top teams and decimated all of them except PSU, whom they still beat. They also won the hardest by far conference tournament in convincing fasion. Iowa was pretty much a shoe in to win the whole thing.

That's pretty optimistic, especially if you believe in karma

• Funny
Reactions: iahawks

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Nobody else had a chance in a tournament setting. We beat PSU by 50+ points at B1Gs when they were 10 strong. At NCAAs they would've had 6 + Verk. It would've been ugly.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Lee would've cruised, but the real shame is not getting to see Bull v. Cenzo and Hall v. Kem go at it one more time for the title. Also would've loved to see Lugo get his chance to win a natty.

• Funny
  • Winner
Reactions: CyTwins and iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Plenty of PSU fans made their way to the Iowa board to say that Iowa was for sure going to win the title. That says a lot to me.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Plenty of PSU fans made their way to the Iowa board to say that Iowa was for sure going to win the title. That says a lot to me.

They're not all stupid. But some of them are spectacularly stupid. One of their fans actually said Cenzo and Cael treated B1G final as a "scout" match, he didn't care about winning, just wanted to prep for Bull at natty's. No lie.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins