All Iowa/ISU Wrestling Lineup

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Yep, agree. I think we can get one of those, getting two of them would be amazing. All three would be the dream.

Kem/Hall and Bull/Joseph are tossups.

Lugo will have a lot of work to do to make the final. If he goes against Sasso in the final, then that is a tossup too.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Kem/Hall and Bull/Joseph are tossups.

Lugo will have a lot of work to do to make the final. If he goes against Sasso in the final, then that is a tossup too.

Agree. My confidence rankings for the three would be:

1A. Kem
1B. Bull
3. Lugo

I think Kem will adjust and he proved again that he can get in on Hall and take him down late. Bull has to be ready for whatever adjustments Cenzo brings, you know he'll adjust from B1Gs and he's always tough at nattys.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I actually really like Marinelli but he's pissed the bed both times at nationals

Last year he ran into Lewis in the quarter finals. Lewis went on to win the natty against Joseph. Lewis actually beat Joseph much easier than he did Marinelli. Marinelli just had the misfortune of having to wrestling Lewis in an earlier round.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Last year he ran into Lewis in the quarter finals. Lewis went on to win the natty against Joseph. Lewis actually beat Joseph much easier than he did Marinelli. Marinelli just had the misfortune of having to wrestling Lewis in an earlier round.

Good point, Mekhi was tough last year. Fought off shot after shot and made some decent counters before getting that TD in the last 20 seconds for the win. Would be fun to see him and Bull go at it again. Good match.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I didn't realize Marinelli got third last year

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Just rewatched Lewis v. Cenzo, wow, forgot how much Mekhi dominated him.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Final results this year based on NCAA finish:
Mackall
Small
Parker
Degen
Carr
Straw
Colbray
Coleman
Warner
Gremmel

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How are Lee and Glory both undefeated? I thought Iowa and Princeton wrestled each other this year

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Great article on Iowa. Shame they couldn't make it official, but everyone knows the real battle in Minney would've been for 2nd/3rd. Not sure if Nebby would've had the same kind of day they did at B1G's, but with PSU only bringing 7 (actually 6 with any real chance at points) I wouldn't have been surprised to see Nebby pulling off a 2nd place finish.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CyTwins