All Iowa Football Team

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You already know the answer to that but I will amuse you today:

Iowa- 28
ISU- 24

Honest question, what hurts more right now. The fact that ISU is a top 25 team and Brian looks completely lost out East or that the Hawkeye fan bible KenPom has ISU better preseason in basketball? I would guess it's option A but I know a lot of Hawkeye fans have packed it in for the season and moved on to basketball for some reason

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Honest question, what hurts more right now. The fact that ISU is a top 25 team and Brian looks completely lost out East or that the Hawkeye fan bible KenPom has ISU better preseason in basketball? I would guess it's option A but I know a lot of Hawkeye fans have packed it in for the season and moved on to basketball for some reason

The football teams performance is more of a concern for me right now, especially on the OL.

I dont put a lot of stock in preseason rankings, whether its an official unofficial poll, KenPom or the AP.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
The football teams performance is more of a concern for me right now, especially on the OL.

I dont put a lot of stock in preseason rankings, whether its an official unofficial poll, KenPom or the AP.

I just think Brian is in way over his head. He just doesn't have it.

I can get on board with that, I know there is a lot of hype about Iowa basketball from within the state but didn't know if the lack of national respect was painful or not.

Aug 26, 2014
7 games into his tenure might be a little quick to say if he is in over his head.
Brian had 2 weeks to prepare for a terrible NW team and his offense put up 10 points. I would say he's in over his head. Here is what other teams have done against that awful NW team:

Nevada: 20
Bowling Green 7
Duke 41 lol
Wisconsin 33
Penn State 31
Maryland 21

So NW had given up an average of 25.5 points a game and baby Brian could barely muster up 10 whole points. I'm glad you guys hired him lol.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

Aug 26, 2014
Remember when Iowa fans thought this was the best RB in the state? Yikes

lol, I only saw a tiny bit of the game during commercials of the ISU game, but what I saw was Wadley running into the line and falling down after a yard or two. Talk about overrated.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
lol, I only saw a tiny bit of the game during commercials of the ISU game, but what I saw was Wadley running into the line and falling down after a yard or two. Talk about overrated.

He definitely lacks vision between the tackles and isn't a powerful running back by any means

• Agree
Reactions: 1976

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Also, CMC is 1-3 against his rivals. Beating the rivals was his second most important goal besides winning a bowl game.
I've asked this before, why again do you think that automatically means Iowa and UNI?
I'd prefer beating K-State, Okie State, WV every year more than Iowa.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I've asked this before, why again do you think that automatically means Iowa and UNI?

Because all the Clone fans here said their rival was UNI, and we all know Iowa is a rival for ISU. Just because I’d prefer to beat OSU or Penn St or Michigan every year, but that doesn’t make them Iowa’s rival.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Because all the Clone fans here said their rival was UNI, and we all know Iowa is a rival for ISU. Just because I’d prefer to beat OSU or Penn St or Michigan every year, but that doesn’t make them Iowa’s rival.
Because OSU, PSU, and Michigan don't consider Iowa a rival. I would say KState, WV, and (hopefully soon) OSU considers ISU a rival. OSU's main rival right now is obviously OU but I think we realistically can be one with improvement.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

So what is his record so far against Iowa, UNI, KSU, OSU and WVU?

1-6? Point still stands.

Help Support Us

Become a patron