ALAMO BOWL!!!!

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I think it'll be in the basement of the Alamo.

giphy.gif

• Winner
Reactions: jcyclonee

ISU85

Jun 3, 2015
Question: Will this be the first indoor game in Iowa State's history?

Was the 2000 Insight Bowl at the indoor stadium in Phoenix? That's the only possibility I can think of.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Question: Will this be the first indoor game in Iowa State's history?

Was the 2000 Insight Bowl at the indoor stadium in Phoenix? That's the only possibility I can think of.

Houston Bowl was at a retractable roof venue, i want to say the roof was open but i'm not sure.

Reactions: ISU85

elreh

Jan 26, 2009
We've got all our tickets and rooms ready to go.. Very jacked up for this game since we used to live in SA and while there the Alamodome was my last big project. I was the Chief Structural Engineer of it while working for an engineering firm called W. E. Simpson Company. I've got the Alamodome plans here in my office. Been thinking of going to an ISU - Alamodome game since it opened in the early 1990's. So the stadium itself if designed by an ISU graduate for just such an occasion this year! Go Cyclones!

Attachments

• Alamodome Schematic 2.jpg
    Alamodome Schematic 2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 57

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
We've got all our tickets and rooms ready to go.. Very jacked up for this game since we used to live in SA and while there the Alamodome was my last big project. I was the Chief Structural Engineer of it while working for an engineering firm called W. E. Simpson Company. I've got the Alamodome plans here in my office. Been thinking of going to an ISU - Alamodome game since it opened in the early 1990's. So the stadium itself if designed by an ISU graduate for just such an occasion this year! Go Cyclones!

That's cool. Roses are red. Cyclone alumni are great.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Wow. Very cool. Must be amazing to go back for an Iowa State game.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Leaving Wednesday and staying in Norman, OK. Coming back Monday and staying in Kansas City. Tickets purchased now just looking ofr activities for the family.

As a side note, if you want to tour the Alamo those tours are filling up pretty quickly. Book early.

Or stand on the street and still kinda get it since there ain't much of it.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Think I'll leave Wednesday (really early) and plug away and drive all the way through. 3 of us going so not difficult to switch drivers. Get down their Wednesday night and have all day Thurs/Fri to do activities (drink beer).

Tickets purchased through cyclones.com-- always go with the higher option because like someone noted above, you're likely to get bumped down a notch or 2. Just be happy to get into the Alamodome and enjoy the atmosphere!

More truckers lemonade for all!

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and ZB4CY