AJ Klein seems to be impressing scouts

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Didn't LJ attribute his lack of draft to a 4.7 combine? Still stupid for anyone who watched the OSU game not to draft him. Amazingly, I thought he had one of his less stellar games in the Pinstripe and that Rutgers coach is the one that signed him, but he probably had seen a lot of him on film and he is a hometown boy.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Didn't LJ attribute his lack of draft to a 4.7 combine? Still stupid for anyone who watched the OSU game not to draft him. Amazingly, I thought he had one of his less stellar games in the Pinstripe and that Rutgers coach is the one that signed him, but he probably had seen a lot of him on film and he is a hometown boy.

The thing is, he was sick before that time and ended up running a 4.5 or so in front of tons of scouts at his Pro Day at ISU, and still dropped. That was what baffled me.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The Chiefs are actually a pretty stacked team that have been suffering from bad coaching, not having a QB, and Scott Pioli who enstilled an awful environment than no one wanted to be apart of. Andy Reid cures all of that.

that sounds a lot like the Eagles, this past year.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The Chiefs are actually a pretty stacked team that have been suffering from bad coaching, not having a QB, and Scott Pioli who enstilled an awful environment than no one wanted to be apart of. Andy Reid cures all of that.

Hey now, don't the Chiefs have Stanzi?:jimlad:

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
that sounds a lot like the Eagles, this past year.

The difference is they were a bunch of names who were about themselves, not team players than Andy Reid always brought in when he was running the show. When Reid lost full control a few years ago and Banner went on a power trip bringing in guys that didn't mesh with Reid, it got ugly. Not to mention all the off the field problems with Reids family on top of that the last few years.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
So we should expect playoffs at least next year?

Not impossible. If Reid gets Geno Smith to play well as a rookie it could easily happen. Assuming Bowe is resigned, we have some good receivers, good TE's, great RB, good young OL. A lot of pieces on defense, and switching from a 2 gap to the 1 gap is going to be huge for that defense.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Not impossible. If Reid gets Geno Smith to play well as a rookie it could easily happen. Assuming Bowe is resigned, we have some good receivers, good TE's, great RB, good young OL. A lot of pieces on defense, and switching from a 2 gap to the 1 gap is going to be huge for that defense.

The Chiefs this year remind me a lot of the Vikings last year. Talented team with no QB, a great RB, a Pro Bowl WR, and pretty decent defense. Although I think the Vikings blew a ton of leads last year, I'm not sure if KC played a lot of close games this season. It seemed to get out of hand pretty quickly from what I saw. They are talented though.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
They are like the 49ers the year before Harbaugh took over. Super talented team that was projected to do very well and completely flops. Fire HC, and hire a QB friendly one.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The Chiefs this year remind me a lot of the Vikings last year. Talented team with no QB, a great RB, a Pro Bowl WR, and pretty decent defense. Although I think the Vikings blew a ton of leads last year, I'm not sure if KC played a lot of close games this season. It seemed to get out of hand pretty quickly from what I saw. They are talented though.

not that decent. Bottom 3rd of the league in yards given up and points allowed. 29th in sacks. Tied for last in takeaways with their new coach's old team. Opposing QB's had a higher rating against KC than any other defense.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010

LJ didn't get drafted because he didn't do the proper training leading up to the combine.

With a player like Klein, his agent will immediately take him away from campus once his collegiate career is complete (important to take them away from where they are comfortable), put the player into a training program, drill him for interviews, and hire him a personal chef to control his diet. LJ didn't take this path and it bit him in the ***.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
not that decent. Bottom 3rd of the league in yards given up and points allowed. 29th in sacks. Tied for last in takeaways with their new coach's old team. Opposing QB's had a higher rating against KC than any other defense.

Yeah but their offense turned it over a ton and never scored. The talent is there. They need to fill a lot of holes, but they have guys who are very good at their positions.

Eric Berry, Tamba Hali, and Derrick Johnson are all pro bowlers. I don't know that much about their defense other than that. Flowers at CB and Dorsey at DE are decent right? Either way, they can build on it. And with a good draft they could easily be in the playoffs next year IMO, just like the Vikings.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
They are stacked on defense. Houston is already becoming better than Hali, Poe is starting to dominate as a rookie(and he's a freak athlete) the biggest is switching to a 1 gap. Crennels 2 gap is outdated. Switching gaps is going to get more pressure on the QB. Finally attacking instead of bend and don't break.

Help Support Us

Become a patron