AJ Klein seems to be impressing scouts

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
@movethesticks: "Iowa St LB AJ Klein had a great 1st Half. Quick to key/flow/fill. Great size and motor. Good buzz among scouting friends."

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Turned on the TV and Klein seemed to be all over the place. Filling a gap to mess up a play and making an ankle grab on the RB. Making the tackle on an RB who fumbled. Glad to see him getting so much good attention.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
No surprise here. Very big and fast. I expected him to do well in the combines and raise his stock to 3rd round maybe late 2nd (or higher.)

It always surprises me how someone like AK or LJ can put up ridiculous career #s against the best offensive conference in college football...but it's completely meaningless in the NFL draft. It was beyond stupid LJ didn't get drafted and zero shock when he signed on and played well right off the bat. It's not like we play against Big Ten or MAC quality offenses.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
It always surprises me how someone like AK or LJ can put up ridiculous career #s against the best offensive conference in college football...but it's completely meaningless in the NFL draft. It was beyond stupid LJ didn't get drafted and zero shock when he signed on and played well right off the bat. It's not like we play against Big Ten or MAC quality offenses.

You and me both, LJ not getting drafted blew my mind last year, just turn on gamefilm of him, that should have been enough. Lets see why wouldnt you want a physical corner who forced I don't know how many fumbles in his career who was coming off a senior year in which he shut down some of the best receivers in the country, and stayed healthy over 4 years? On second thought lets draft Jordan Bernstein instead.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
You and me both, LJ not getting drafted blew my mind last year, just turn on gamefilm of him, that should have been enough. Lets see why wouldnt you want a physical corner who forced I don't know how many fumbles in his career who was coming off a senior year in which he shut down some of the best receivers in the country, and stayed healthy over 4 years? On second thought lets draft Jordan Bernstein instead.

The thing is, it wasn't just an Iowa State homer thing. He was the highest rated player to be undrafted on Mayock or Kiper's board. He was supposed to go 5th round!

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
i don't care how much you love the chiefs. that is selfish and unkind to wish poor fortune like that upon any cyclone.

The Chiefs are actually a pretty stacked team that have been suffering from bad coaching, not having a QB, and Scott Pioli who enstilled an awful environment than no one wanted to be apart of. Andy Reid cures all of that.

K

KFitzy87

The Chiefs are actually a pretty stacked team that have been suffering from bad coaching, not having a QB, and Scott Pioli who enstilled an awful environment than no one wanted to be apart of. Andy Reid cures all of that.
So we should expect playoffs at least next year?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron