Addy Brown says the 2023 class is ready to get to work when the group arrives in Ames

907CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
With only 10 players, I certainly hope that they are ready for the Big 12. Actually, we have 9 as King never played meaningful minutes. Maybe some of the Volleyball players will help us out, as this program has done that in the past. No matter what you say or think about Iowa and Iowa State, the two programs are in vastly different places at the moment. The Iowa State Way is looking very old and sad right now.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
A dose of good medicine after the bitters we have been force-fed.
Hope these freshman are ready for what’s coming. They should get a ton of minutes. Both good and bad. Kids want to play, but they may be overmatched against experienced opponents.

Sidebar - I see the Ames girl from Bradley is in the portal. Sounds good on paper. I never heard of her, so I googled.
5’4” - my goodness. Better be ultra quick. No idea if we will have any interest.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
With only 10 players, I certainly hope that they are ready for the Big 12. Actually, we have 9 as King never played meaningful minutes. Maybe some of the Volleyball players will help us out, as this program has done that in the past. No matter what you say or think about Iowa and Iowa State, the two programs are in vastly different places at the moment. The Iowa State Way is looking very old and sad right now.
Pretty sure they will recruit more

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
The transfer portal taketh, and now the transfer portal will giveth.

Westside clone

Apr 5, 2022
I hope the giveth is at least somewhat equal to the taketh, or it will be a long sad season.
I really doubt we pick up 2 players the quality of Donarski an Fritz they are few and far between. I just hope we pick up someone quick, some size, and people that fit in with our system.( I hope our offensive system is adjusted slightly as I hate the 2 or 3 long stretches of no scoring it currently allows/causes.)

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Whether it's the incoming freshmen or portal prospects there is a bunch of playing time available for a Big 12 school that should hopefully be attractive to bring in someone looking for an opportunity. The freshmen should be hungry to get after it and I like that attitude as more playing time has opened up than they originally expected.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I really doubt we pick up 2 players the quality of Donarski an Fritz they are few and far between. I just hope we pick up someone quick, some size, and people that fit in with our system.( I hope our offensive system is adjusted slightly as I hate the 2 or 3 long stretches of no scoring it currently allows/causes.)
We definitely will not.
Donarski is good enough to get $.
Not sure about Fritz - as I do not know how much $ goes to the womens game.
I know we do not have the $ to buy anybody.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
We definitely will not.
Donarski is good enough to get $.
Not sure about Fritz - as I do not know how much $ goes to the womens game.
I know we do not have the $ to buy anybody.
This is why it is not only a bad thing for parity, it is a bad thing I believe was pushed by monied backers of big $$$ schools and media owners to benefit themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
This is why it is not only a bad thing for parity, it is a bad thing I believe was pushed by monied backers of big $$$ schools and media owners to benefit themselves.
We are not the bottom of the totem poll when it comes to basketball. The men did take two of the top players from St Bonaventure.

Even if Iowa State had the lowest financial support for Women’s basketball in the P6 (We don’t) there would still be like 250 teams with less support. At the vast majority of schools there is zero dollars for Women’s basketball NIL.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Yes I agree Bill Fennelly is LOOKING OLD RIGHT NOW!!

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
We are not the bottom of the totem poll when it comes to basketball. The men did take two of the top players from St Bonaventure.

Even if Iowa State had the lowest financial support for Women’s basketball in the P6 (We don’t) there would still be like 250 teams with less support. At the vast majority of schools there is zero dollars for Women’s basketball NIL.
Looking at the NCAA Tourney both WBB and MBB have new faces in the Final Four. After several years of the NIL effect maybe I am off base. Maybe it encourages more local support (money) and causes players to stay close to home where their faces are recognized. Anyway, for now, there is money floating around and it prime to do bad things but so far it has not been what I expected as bad.

Reactions: acoustimac