A little hope?

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
Well, remember that the year after Fizer made the jump, We were a top 10 team. I do see some similarities between the two teams: A very good point guard (Luscious has yet to be proven), a potential 2 towers combination in the post, and a sharpshooter outside that the PG can assist to. Well... this is a tenuous relation, but a Clone can dream, can't he?

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
I don't see why there is reason not to have at least a little hope. We have the talent both coming back and coming in that can compete well in the big 12. Yes we lost 3 of our biggest scorers, including Royce who I don't even need to describe all the things he did for this team. But I have faith that our team (and Freddy) will keep building on the successes of this season.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Well, remember that the year after Fizer made the jump, We were a top 10 team. I do see some similarities between the two teams: A very good point guard (Luscious has yet to be proven), a potential 2 towers combination in the post, and a sharpshooter outside that the PG can assist to. Well... this is a tenuous relation, but a Clone can dream, can't he?

Top 10 might be pushing it but if these two transfers are as good as the transfers were this year... I could see us being ranked the majority of the season.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines

We could have won a national title if Fizer had come back.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010

ISU didn't get better after Fizer left.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
No chance.

Lose 3 of 5 starters. Arguably the best 3 of the 5. 2 of the expected replacement starters haven't played for ISU yet (Korie, Clyburn).

No chance. Frankly, I doubt it even if Royce would come back.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
DebbieDownerRachaelDratch.jpg

^^^^ everyone who says we're going to suck

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Top 25 is no sure thing...but if Korie and Clyburn are as good as advertised we're dancing again next year. Won't enter the season ranked but we should be able to making another run at dancing.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Next years team will be about the same. The supporting cast will be better but you lose the best overall player in Royce. My expectations will be 6-9 seed in NCAA tourney. I think the 12/13 team will be better than the team after Fizer. Tinsley was holding that team together with Elmers glue with his ridiculous talents.

If Royce came back the sky was the limit. Oh well, he did what he had to do.

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
We finally have a real point guard, and one that has proven himself before at that. And Clyburn is a complete player. All we have to worry about is replacing Royce's production. Pelle or the transfer from ASU could help do that. I think we have a legitimate chance of being better next year. Probably not top ten though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron