ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Fanatics,

I understand that the men’s basketball season has been frustrating. You are all passionate fans and you have a right to your opinion. That’s why message boards exist right?

Again, I get it. I’ve been in the message board “game†since 2004 and I understand the culture. I love it.

However, due to some things that have gone down over the past couple of weeks (most, you don’t even know about because of our awesome mods), I feel the need to post a friendly reminder on what is and is not acceptable here at CycloneFanatic.com, as far as posting is concerned.

My biggest thing is all about the word respect. Be respectful.

If you’re upset with a coach/athlete/another poster of whatever, be respectful. Don’t be hateful. That does nobody any good. Post a well thought out comment that gets your point across and let’s have some quality debate. We aren’t trying to censor you. We just don’t want rogue, hateful posts littering our message board. It is all about tact. Be tactful. Be respectful. Think whatever you want.

Don't attack other posters, regardless of whether or not your opinions are in alignment. All posters on CF will be given respect, but please report rule violations to the mod team. Issues will be taken care of from there.

Please try and keep threads somewhat on-topic. It is natural that discussions evolve over the course of time. I get that. But deliberately attempting to derail threads or make them volatile will be deleted, and further actions may need to be taken.

Finally, the filter violation. It is there for a reason. Please do not try to get around it.

Thanks for your time today everybody.

Chris