A couple of football nuggets to chew on

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Just a few things I heard over the weekend...

-- RB seems to be a two man show. Johnnie Lang has really emerged in the offseason. He's right there with Breece. My gut says Breece wins out but Johnnie has been impressive and will get a good chunk of carries Saturday night.

-- I asked about Will McDonald ... not entirely surprising but he's still developing at LB ... will play a lot this year but I imagine ISU is going to ease him into the every down type of role. Pretty much what we heard in the offseason .. put him in spots to be successful. Don't ask too much too early. That sort of thing.

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
Based on the other stuff I have been reading it sounded like Kene was getting a lot of work with the 1's before he tweaked his hamstring. I would imagine he will be super involved as the seasons progresses.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and aauummm

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
tenor.gif

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I was feel that way about McDonald all along. They have several very good LBers with experience that can play a lot of downs. I expect to see McDonald in as a mad dog pass rusher a lot. He looks like a great pressure guy who can completely flip a game with his rushing ability.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron