7 catches for 71 yds and 0 TDs

pdxclone

Feb 7, 2007
Metropolis of Ames
Despite Pollard not wanting to overhype the freshmen, Chase Allen is just what the offense needs. Trouble in the red zone? Need a third down conversion? A reliable TE can really help keep offense on the field and put up more points. Hopefully Park and Chase are already having some quality time together.

Oh … the stats in the title. Those are the combined TE stats for the entire season. The total number of TE drops exceeded the 7 receptions leading to the lack of confidence to run plays for the TE. (First series drop by #88 vs. Iowa, two drops by #87 vs. Oklahoma, etc.).

Let’s hope Chase matches the 21 catches for 234 yds and 4 TDs that Michael Roberts had at Toledo last year. If you want to over hype Chase, let’s hope for something like the 43 receptions for 514 yds and 15 TDs that Roberts had this year. I’m looking forward to anyone who will go straight down field about 10 yards and catch a pass. It seems like it was open all season.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Despite Pollard not wanting to overhype the freshmen, Chase Allen is just what the offense needs. Trouble in the red zone? Need a third down conversion? A reliable TE can really help keep offense on the field and put up more points. Hopefully Park and Chase are already having some quality time together.

Oh … the stats in the title. Those are the combined TE stats for the entire season. The total number of TE drops exceeded the 7 receptions leading to the lack of confidence to run plays for the TE. (First series drop by #88 vs. Iowa, two drops by #87 vs. Oklahoma, etc.).

Let’s hope Chase matches the 21 catches for 234 yds and 4 TDs that Michael Roberts had at Toledo last year. If you want to over hype Chase, let’s hope for something like the 43 receptions for 514 yds and 15 TDs that Roberts had this year. I’m looking forward to anyone who will go straight down field about 10 yards and catch a pass. It seems like it was open all season.

Agree with this and I hadn't thought of it! A big, physical TE can be a huge weapon in those scenarios. Not sure if Chase will be that type of player already as a RFr, but we can hope. He needs to add a lot of weight.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
QB, RB, WR, and next season TE . . . we're gonna be pretty salty on offense.

I'm a big fan of WR 6-4, 210 Matthew Eaton. Skys for fingertip catches and he's a ferocious blocker. 6-5 Lazard, 6-6 Butler, 6-7 Chase Allen. . . . The Red Zone tools next season might be the best in iSu history. We'll see.

Oh, meant to say, Coach Golesh promised TE catches would exceed 2015's five catches. His promise came true, but I'll bet he thought it would exceed 2015 by more than two receptions.

Sam Harms, walk-on TE, I give him all the credit in the world, he played all season long so he must have worked his tail off as a blocker. But, boy, he isn't the best pass-catcher we've seen in Ames. (And I'm being kind with my wording.) Love the kid, but pass-catching ain't his thing.