49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
I wonder where next years speculation will go now that Brady is retiring.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Their 3 playoff games were against the teams that were 10th, 4th, and 1st in sacks during the season. Of course they would struggle relative to the season as a whole.
The Eagles had the second most sacks of any team in NFL history. That incredible stat was overlooked by many.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It was ruled a fumble so it should’ve gone down as a strip sack.

God damn they have advanced stats on everything these days.
But the ball went forward so that makes it hairy. Did the returner lose yards on the recovery or did Brock gain yards on the play, if so, it’s not a sack.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
But the ball went forward so that makes it hairy. Did the returner lose yards on the recovery or did Brock gain yards on the play, if so, it’s not a sack.
A hit behind the line of scrimmage where the QB fumbles counts as a sack (I guess except if someone passes the QB the ball or a bunch of laterals are involved).

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Once reporters finished questioning — and, in some cases, consoling — 49ers Brock Purdy, wide receiver Deebo Samuel stopped by to gift Purdy a jersey that was autographed with a custom message, that read in part: 'I’m so proud of you, proud of how you handled business. Stay up. Keep getting better. Future is bright.'” -- Cam Inman

Nice from Deebo! I would say he has support in locker room!

Draf

Jun 8, 2017
I know no one rides the refs nuts like you do @isuno1fan , but watch the above video and tell me Purdy’s arm wasn’t going forward.
His arm IS going forward. However, the ball was out of his hand before that motion. Not a pass. More of a fumble batted forward. I do wonder, though, if a niner caught the ball, would it be counted as a completion or a fumble recovery?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It was ruled a fumble, but if you look at the replay, Purdy’s arm was going forward. Should’ve been an incomplete pass.
He clearly lost possession before his arm propelled it forward. There were multiple questionable calls in the games this weekend. Brock's fumble wasn't one of them.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
To be fair, this is just one orthopedic surgeons opinion who has not examined Brock. Sure, this could be the case, but the source is just a surgeon that Dan Patrick had on his show. Until Schefty or Rap tweet it, it's all speculation
Agreed. I saw this posted on Facebook but saw nothing on ESPN.com so very clearly not confirmed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron