49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Pretty cool to see Brock in victory formation to end an NFL game!
Watching had the same thought while letting little JM stay up watch him come in at the end. Legit, vibes like:

AgitatedEmbarrassedHyrax-size_restricted.gif

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Not sure what the niners will do. It seems crazy to me that they don't have a better veteran QB on the roster to backup Lance if need be. They must be really confident that Lance is the real deal and can start and be an effective QB for them all season.

Regardless, seems like as good a spot as any for Brock to earn himself a shot.

Reactions: aauummm

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I’m a big 49ers fan, and for what it’s worth, everything I’ve seen and heard has the coaches and front office pretty high on Brock. I think as long as he doesn’t have a self destruct moment in the preseason (that doesn’t mean throw no picks, I’m sure coaches will intentionally put guys like him in specific game situations to see how they react) I wouldn’t be shocked to see them invest in him a little and keep him on the roster (obviously dependent on Jimmy G’s future). I think they see him as someone that can develop into a good backup.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I’m a big 49ers fan, and for what it’s worth, everything I’ve seen and heard has the coaches and front office pretty high on Brock. I think as long as he doesn’t have a self destruct moment in the preseason (that doesn’t mean throw no picks, I’m sure coaches will intentionally put guys like him in specific game situations to see how they react) I wouldn’t be shocked to see them invest in him a little and keep him on the roster (obviously dependent on Jimmy G’s future). I think they see him as someone that can develop into a good backup.
Allright! We expect regular reports on Purdy then, hopefully as he remains with the team (top 3?).

Are there any plans by the 49ers to trade Jimmy G? Prolly too early to say, huh? I'd say if Lance takes a big step and becomes the starter, plays reasonably well, I can see them trying to bait some team with Jimmy.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Allright! We expect regular reports on Purdy then, hopefully as he remains with the team (top 3?).

Are there any plans by the 49ers to trade Jimmy G? Prolly too early to say, huh? I'd say if Lance takes a big step and becomes the starter, plays reasonably well, I can see them trying to bait some team with Jimmy.
The goal was always to trade Jimmy. There’s no takers for him.

Maybe the Browns depending on the Watson appeal, or the Jets with Wilson’s injury.

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa

Jets

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Glad to see him lead that game winning TD drive but some people need yo check their expectations.

That first pass was extremely lucky it wasn't taken back for a pick 6. The reciever was wide open and by the time the ball finally got there the defender was all over it. Throwing up wounded ducks on routine throws won't last very long in that league.

That being said, it was his first NFL action. I could see him making the practice squad and maybe getting a shot at a backup role in year 2 or 3.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron