49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Was there a Brock body double in that video for the JD commercial? Why would you need a body double for sitting in a tractor?
So as not to waste Brock's or a camera crew's time for filming shots from a distance when a camera man knows he won't be visible anyway. An experienced shoot stand-in who knows how to take direction probably saves everyone time and money.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
So as not to waste Brock's or a camera crew's time for filming shots from a distance when a camera man knows he won't be visible anyway. An experienced shoot stand-in who knows how to take direction probably saves everyone time and money.
Agree. In a little more detail, this is how backstage.com puts it:

Quote: "A stand-in is the person who takes the place of an actor to help the camera department light the set, as well as tweak their blocking, composition, framing, and focus. The principals, or main actors, will first rehearse a scene before they shoot it. When they are finished with blocking, they leave and go through last looks with hair, makeup, and wardrobe. That’s when the stand-ins step in. They watch the actors during rehearsal to see what they do, then re-create it while the principals are busy. A good stand-in helps save time, which saves the production money." End quote.

https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/pros-cons-perks-demands-stand-55945/

Last edited:
Reactions: ARCYCLONE

SanDiego49er

Oct 2, 2023
He's getting a lot of endorsements now. John Deere, Toyota, Alaska Airlines. I'm sure it's more than his lower than normal NFL salary. Of course pretty good for most people but low by NFL standards. I would guess it's at least in the millions. Probably not in the tens of millions yet. But it's more than his 800 K or so NFL salary you can rest assured. He will get a raise coming soon on the playing salary. After next year. When you can negotiate.

Last edited:

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
He's getting a lot of endorsement now. John Deere, Toyota, Alaska Airlines. I'm sure it's more than his lower than normal NFL salary. Of course pretty good for most people but low by NFL standards. I would guess it's at least in the millions. Probably not in the tens of millions yet. But it's more than his 800 K or so NFL salary you can rest assured. He will get a raise coming soon on the playing salary. After next year. When you can negotiate.
He gets a boost in 2025 regardless as a result of making the Pro Bowl.

Reactions: SanDiego49er

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Another major Brock Purdy endorsement deal

He's like the perfect brand ambassador. No risk of getting in trouble, well spoken, universally liked (even with those that think he is just a system QB), and has great charisma. The only downfall is the brand has to remind the viewer he isn't a high schooler given his baby face:)

SanDiego49er

Oct 2, 2023
He's like the perfect brand ambassador. No risk of getting in trouble, well spoken, universally liked (even with those that think he is just a system QB), and has great charisma. The only downfall is the brand has to remind the viewer he isn't a high schooler given his baby face:)

He has a lot of what you would look for in a brand ambassador. He's a good clean cut young guy with great values. No party too much or sleep around stuff that can tank a brand. Plus he's an excellent player on an excellent team which gets a lot of exposure. It's almost a can't lose situation.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm and Jer

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Sam Darnold leaves 49ers for a one year $10 million deal with the Vikings. So Purdy's backup is going to be paid 10 times as much as Purdy next season. Crazy.

SanDiego49er

Oct 2, 2023
Sam Darnold leaves 49ers for a one year $10 million deal with the Vikings. So Purdy's backup is going to be paid 10 times as much as Purdy next season. Crazy.
Darnold can negotiate a contract. Purdy has not played enough years yet. He can't get a new contract.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Yes, I understand that. I was pointing out the craziness of the 2nd string QB making ten times the salary of the 1st string QB.
The only crazy thing is that, after the college career Brock had here, no GM saw his potential as a starter until SF picked last. And maybe they even didn't.

He proved them all wrong. He will get what he's earned.

Reactions: Aclone and aauummm

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I don't think I saw this posted elsewhere, but I just discovered it today. Purdy was at the ISU/Stanford wbb game over the weekend to cheer for his Cyclones, which I knew he and Jenna were going to be there. Too bad they didn't get to see a win. (Go Wolfpack.)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron