49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

wenkeej

Dec 28, 2015
Cambridge
6 months with repair surgery to reattach and strengthen the UCL. If they can't do that then it'll be TJ surgery and probably around 12 months.
Some of the info I've been reading today seems to point to repair/reattachment being a viable option for the type of injury Purdy sustained. Reattachment sounds like it works best for traumatic injuries and not for repeative, overuse injuries like pitchers throwing out their elbow.

• Informative
Reactions: Die4Cy and CyCloned

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Well he’s supposedly the backup to Brady next year so they better get on it.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Boy, a lot of people look dumb right now questioning his toughness.

Hoping for a speedy recovery and starting under center week 1 next year.

You honestly think those idiots are going to change their dumb takes over this? They're just going to keep pointing to Josh Allen throwing 70 yard bombs with a torn UCL.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
You honestly think those idiots are going to change their dumb takes over this? They're just going to keep pointing to Josh Allen throwing 70 yard bombs with a torn UCL.
I know, but receipts must be kept.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
They were talking a lot on the NFL channel on my way home that it is time to enlarge the rosters for the teams. Currently each team has a 55man roster, but only 53 are active and only 48 can dress the game. They would like to see the league move to 53 dressed for every game, of which 8 are lineman, 3 are QB's and another position group also locked in to at least a certain amount, and then the staff decides the rest of the squad. There should never be a point where there are only two quarterbacks dressed for any game.

They also were talking about enlarging the officials crew from 7 to 10 for the playoffs and have one person positioned on the endzone at all times, much like MLB has 6 umpires instead of the normal four for the playoffs.

Both seem reasonable requests.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Bummer. So healthy at ISU and then wham. Could this keep him from major NFL payday?
Only if it derails his career. He's under contract through the 2025 season, with a team option for 2026. Seems unlikely there'd be any big payday in the next 4 years.

Reactions: CycloneNorth

wenkeej

Dec 28, 2015
Cambridge
Only if it derails his career. He's under contract through the 2025 season, with a team option for 2026. Seems unlikely there'd be any big payday in the next 4 years.
Probably not an NFL contract payday, but he is losing potential endorsement deals, especially if the 49ers could have won and made it to the Super Bowl. That didn't happen and hopefully he can make a run at the starting job going into next season. Absolute worst thing that could happen now is the 49ers decide to move on from him once they can release him, similar to Hakeem Butler with the Cardinals.

Reactions: 2122

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You will win. SF cant play in the AFC championship game.... ever.
200w.gif

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Replay officials need to wake up, Why is it in college games, the replay official can call down and have a play reran and watched?

cy4x427

2-years varsity
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2019
A Rookie QB with a ruptured UCL still plays to give his team an opportunity. They lose, but I highly doubt Brock loses the locker room and a future opportunity. Most players (minimum deals and above), are not even on the field if that happens to them. Guts! Cyclone tough! I feel bad for him as we all know he just wanted an opportunity. The game didn't start off the best and snow balled, but we have also seen the 49ers and Brock weather the early storm before and still win.

Good luck Brock on your recovery! Trust the process!

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
#1. My heart breaks for Brock. same feeling I had for Breece. That was the game where he was going to solidify himself contract wise, etc. Now there is just so much unknown. 6 months without throwing is going to be rough...

#2. me selfishly thinking, Guys like Hall and Purdy, along with Lazard are currently the ambassadors for ISU football. They are highly visible players and two go out with very time consuming injuries. ISU football could have really used Hall winning the rookie of the year and purdy playing the whole NFC Title game and proving he is prime time. its like the ultimate recruiting tool.
just sucks and I wish nothing but quick healing for them.

Help Support Us

Become a patron