34,732 Enrolled This Fall at Iowa State

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Someone just changed wiki. At the exact same time as someone else. You guys are great!

We are the 2nd largest school in the conference!

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
They've had people living in dens at the start of the year every year for decades. That isn't new.

Nor is it unique to ISU.
It used to be a couple dens were overflow. Now there are basically no dens.

Luckily for Iowa State property managers have been more than happy to lease space to DoR on Maricopa and Legacy Tower.

They need to get another on-campus dorm STAT (which I know they're working on).

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
They've had people living in dens at the start of the year every year for decades. That isn't new.

When I went to school they set us up in the gym. We slept on cots until we started a chapter of the Lambda Lambda Lambda fraternity. Man did we have some fun with the Omega Mu sorority!

Sure we had a nasty scrape with the Alpha Betas and some guys on the football team, but once we won the greek games we were in!

I still miss Booger and Poindexter! Great guys

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Universities in general are all pretty much about:

[video=youtube;GXE_n2q08Yw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXE_n2q08Yw[/video]

They've had to become more like a business due to state funding cuts over the past 25 years.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Just announced. Yet another record-setting year of enrollment for Iowa State.

For those of you that are students, does it seem crowded/more crowded than last year on campus?

Definitely more over crowded then last year. I'm a junior, and I was already concerned as a Freshmen because of lack of efforts to control the enrollment and have enough resources on campus for a large student body. Now I'm really concerned. The University and BoR are at a point where they need to make some tough choices about the future of Iowa State and if this growth is a positive thing.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I think its unreal that we are almost to 35K students at ISU....but on an unrelated note.

Did you see that aTm set a record with 38K students at their FB game last weekend? They have an enrollment of almost 59K students..but still, that's 64.4% of their students at the FB games. If we had 2/3's of our students at our FB games that would be 22,400 fans, or about half the stadium!