3 teams in BCS

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Can somebody please look up the answer to this question....

Can the BCS take three teams from one conference?...like LSU if they win out?

I thought I heard about a rule preventing that but am not sure. Thanks!

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
Can somebody please look up the answer to this question....

Can the BCS take three teams from one conference?...like LSU if they win out?

I thought I heard about a rule preventing that but am not sure. Thanks!

No they can not. Only two.

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Posted from my blackberry. Batterly almost dead.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
With the games today. Bama and Florida from Sec are in, The big 12 gets Texas, the Big 10 has Ohio St, The ACC gets Gergia tech, Big East Cincy and the Pac 10 gets Oregon at this point. A non BCS school will get selected if in top 14 there are 2 at this point and if your in the top 4 your auto in so TCU is in. That's 8 of the 10 teams If you pick Boise St. then that's 9. The interesting thing will be is you have to be in the top 14 to be selected but your conference only can have 2 teams in. Number 9 got beat 10 got beat 14 and 15 also went down. Be interesting to see who gets that final spot may come down to Iowa, Penn St. or Oklahoma St. if there aren't any upsets in the Big 12 or ACC title games

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
With the games today. Bama and Florida from Sec are in, The big 12 gets Texas, the Big 10 has Ohio St, The ACC gets Gergia tech, Big East Cincy and the Pac 10 gets Oregon at this point. A non BCS school will get selected if in top 14 there are 2 at this point and if your in the top 4 your auto in so TCU is in. That's 8 of the 10 teams If you pick Boise St. then that's 9. The interesting thing will be is you have to be in the top 14 to be selected but your conference only can have 2 teams in. Number 9 got beat 10 got beat 14 and 15 also went down. Be interesting to see who gets that final spot may come down to Iowa, Penn St. or Oklahoma St. if there aren't any upsets in the Big 12 or ACC title games

Iowa was already at #10. With this loss they may be close to dropping out of the top 14. I think that this will be the year that we see 2 non-BCS teams get into BCS bowls. If TCU and Boise win out then I think they'll get a spot. Adding in the SEC runner-up and that last spot may get really interesting.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
I included Boise St. Iowa was 10th but with 9,14,15 losing and if TCU wins then 16 also drops. Pitt could get in but they have to play ND tonight, Cincy next week and West Virginia if they sweep they win the BCS big east berth

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
I included Boise St. Iowa was 10th but with 9,14,15 losing and if TCU wins then 16 also drops. Pitt could get in but they have to play ND tonight, Cincy next week and West Virginia if they sweep they win the BCS big east berth

I could see the Big East getting 2 teams.

M3MEPLEASE

Sep 4, 2009
Both TCU and BOISE will NOT get in. The BCS only has to take one of them and there is no way in hell they are going to take two. Its all about the money. It will most likely come down to Pitt, Iowa, Oklahoma State, and PSU.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Both TCU and BOISE will NOT get in. The BCS only has to take one of them and there is no way in hell they are going to take two. Its all about the money. It will most likely come down to Pitt, Iowa, Oklahoma State, and PSU.

If it comes down to money, like it normally does, don't count out BSU. I guess their Fiesta Bowl game was one of the highest rated non-championship bowl games over the last few years and they brought 35,000 fans.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Boise has a better chance at getting in as at-large than TCU would because Boise travels well. The interesting thing is the bowl match ups may determine who gets the last 2 berths. Most think its Iowa and Boise but who takes Texas place in Fiesta with the first pick could decide what the other selection

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Boise has a better chance at getting in as at-large than TCU would because Boise travels well. The interesting thing is the bowl match ups may determine who gets the last 2 berths. Most think its Iowa and Boise but who takes Texas place in Fiesta with the first pick could decide what the other selection

If TCU is ranked higher, TCU MUST be picked.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Boise and TCU WILL both get in if both are undefeated. All eyes are on the BCS this year. They don't want Obama messing with their system. Trust me...both will get in and the remaining spot will be between PSU, Iowa, Pitt, or Okie St.