domisgod

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
I just checked cyclones.com (something I've been doing a lot - I am obsessed with this) and we are at 29,644 season tickets sold.

Anyone know how to change the counter, or do we just bug admins until they do it? :biggrin9gp:

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
Since the renewal deadline, it's been fairly steady at about 200 tickets/day. Could you imagine if that kept up?!

I think a more accurate estimate though is the 1500 new tickets holders/month. If that keeps up, we'll end up with around 38,000-39,000 season tickets sold this year. That would be absolutely amazing.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I have a sneaking suspicion that the counter will soon go away and we will get press release when the record is broken.

SlyCy

Apr 17, 2006
North Liberty, Iowa
Since the renewal deadline, it's been fairly steady at about 200 tickets/day. Could you imagine if that kept up?!

I think a more accurate estimate though is the 1500 new tickets holders/month. If that keeps up, we'll end up with around 38,000-39,000 season tickets sold this year. That would be absolutely amazing.

If your 200/day pace is correct we should break it around Tuesday or Wednesday of next week!

I wish we could find out how many are Hawkeyes...I've heard of two people that bought them.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If your 200/day pace is correct we should break it around Tuesday or Wednesday of next week!

I wish we could find out how many are Hawkeyes...I've heard of two people that bought them.

sounds like a good checkbox to put on next years form.

domisgod

Apr 10, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
I noticed that too, Colorado. I think we'll top the old record by the end of March, regardless. I suspect things will stagnate quite a bit over the short term, but I'm hoping the excitement of the Spring game will provide a nice bump to ticket sales and then the run up to the season things will pick up again. I am fairly confident we'll get to 35K, but I'm hoping to get over the 40,000 hump. After the season we had last year, and considering the raise in ticket prices, that would be absolutely phenomenal.:yes4lo:

Go Cyclones!

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
I don't think to many hawkeye's will buy season tickets next year since the game is in iowa chity

probably not, but those buyers will be replaced with Nebraska fans as we stick it to them next year!:yes4lo:

hansen55

Apr 12, 2006
Avoca, IA
I don't think that many Hawkeyes would have bought tickets, but I could be very wrong. I hope JP does the same thing with Nebraska next year, but he might not be able to since it is a conference game. Does anybody know how that works?

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
sounds like a good checkbox to put on next years form.

Since the Iowa fans wont be buying next year, you can have a box that reads "check here if you sat next to an @sshole at the Iowa game in 2007?"

That would give a fairly accurate number. :biggrin9gp:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don't think that many Hawkeyes would have bought tickets, but I could be very wrong. I hope JP does the same thing with Nebraska next year, but he might not be able to since it is a conference game. Does anybody know how that works?

I hope we do that.... their fans are worse than iowa fans.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Marty was saying we'd be 15000 short didn't he? Well, lets prove him wrong!

SlyCy

Apr 17, 2006
North Liberty, Iowa
After the season we had last year, and considering the raise in ticket prices, that would be absolutely phenomenal.:yes4lo:

Go Cyclones!

I kind of think hope is trumping last seasons record and ticket price increases when it comes to ticket sales.

What do the rest of you think is driving the increase in ticket sales? Chizik? Pollard's "Next Big Step"? Iowa game? Home schedule? Other?

Poll needed perhaps?

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago

You can do anything with ticket packages, there are really no guidelines I know about. Other than setting aside the allotment for the visiting team it's up to the school to decide how to sell tickets.

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
I kind of think hope is trumping last seasons record and ticket price increases when it comes to ticket sales.

What do the rest of you think is driving the increase in ticket sales? Chizik? Pollard's "Next Big Step"? Iowa game? Home schedule? Other?

Poll needed perhaps?

I would have to say all of the above, the hope pollard is selling with the hiring of Chizik, the home schedule, the plan for expansion and renovation, and of course the no single game tickets to the iowa game.

If you assume that we sell out of student tickets and add another 800, that will put us at 30,235 now. Then add in 4k for the visiting team. 34,235. Then add in 2,500 for the tent patrons. That puts us at 36,735 for the iowa game as of right now.

Does anyone have any idea what the actual amount of seats sold is? I know last year we started counting attendance differently by counting press and pretty much everyone in the stadium. It would be nice to know what that extra number they add in is.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron