ABECyguy

Nov 14, 2019
Ames
I think a lot of us are in that boat. I know I am. Part of it is because we’re such passionate fans that it hurts so much. But now it’s much worse because we have the expectations

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I’m in the same boat. This loss stings so badly. Expectations were so high and we’ve failed. I went into this season thinking we were capable of being a playoff team. Clearly we are not.

Reactions: cycloneGTS

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
The dog has gone into hiding...hell, I can't even see the cats...this team is so damn close to being a great football team. But, until the special teams fiasco gets fixed, expect more of the same. The difference in punting games between the 2 teams was as stark as it was against Iowa and again, was the difference in field position. Welp, plenty of time tonight to drink.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
I feel bad for everyone who came back to win a championship who could be earning money in the NFL... I'm glad that they came back but the season is already a complete failure relative to expectations. Even if we win out it will be a disappointment that we pissed bigger things down our leg.

Reactions: Cyclad

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Too much of my happiness and mood relies on Iowa States football performance. Too much of my identity is tied up and how well we do. I cannot change the outcome of anything, yet I get so frustrated with things that happen outside of my control.

How do I learn to take a step back and realize collegiate football is not what defines me?
Life on a weekend is still great after something like this. Focus on the positives we have

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I don’t really get why I’m like this but Iowa State losing effectively ruins my day. I hardly ever played football and I don’t even go to college at Iowa State (although definitely would have if I didn’t have the opportunity to play a sport), but going to games since I was born means that I take Cyclone football way too seriously. I mean this is the first time Iowa State has really had football success in my lifetime. I shouldn’t be mad considering this is the golden era but here we are. I’m also pretty sure i make myself look like an idiot during games

Last edited:

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
Too much of my happiness and mood relies on Iowa States football performance. Too much of my identity is tied up and how well we do. I cannot change the outcome of anything, yet I get so frustrated with things that happen outside of my control.

How do I learn to take a step back and realize collegiate football is not what defines me?
You should become an Alabama fan.

• Haha
Reactions: Yaz

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Hey I am sweating out a $100 ML bet on NCST, kid missed the winning kick in regulation. And now we are back and forth in O.T. So my day could get worse :)

When you have high expectations, it sucks when they are not achieved, but still think it is better than the alternative of not having any expectations.

Just stay away from social media, where you get a bunch of idiots who try to define things for you.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Moar Doobiez

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
As much as I love being on cyclone fanatic, the people that are Iowa State fans that have never heard of the site seem to be more grounded in their expectations. My wife is not on here, she hates when we lose, but she can generally go about her day.

In some respect s, I feel like being on this website is like binging cable news during an election. Every minor slight or triumph is amplified.
Delusional is what 80% of the board is.

Jriddge28

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 19, 2020
As a program we went from the basement of the Big 12 to playoff hopes very quickly. Being so close and so far away at the same time makes it more frustrating. They way we lose makes it worse.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Get old....within an hour, you forget what you watched.

yep age helps quite a bit, I still love the W's but I've seen enough heart breaking losses in all ISU sports over time I bounce back a lot quicker than when I was young.

Reactions: aauummm