#25 ISU sells 56,259 tix for #4 TCU

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Is that a record for an out-of-state opponent?

Congratulations!!

Sweet, the only thing missing from a perfect sports weekend for ISU was whiny hok fans stopping by!

Appreciate the congratulations, it is a hell of a ride with some exciting football. While I think of it, your team will be off the weekend of the Big XII championship game, you all should come down to Texas and watch the clones play. Likely lot more than 60 or even 70k there.

Good luck with tOSU next week should be a heck of a game.

• Funny
Reactions: ViktorLuzor

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I have a Hok Alumnus co-worker who approached me with a similar comment as the OP's. BUT, his comment was stated on FRIDAY - saying something like "you guys are playing in one of the biggest games and you can't sell out." I asked him if he was going to the Hok game vs Minny......SILENCE!! Little 'Bro is SOOOOO insecure. They are sooooo hoping that Herbie is correct. They cannot have Campbell gone fast enough - especially 'cuz they are STUCK with Ferentz & aren't in a position to get a quality, 21st-century relevant coach.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I'm sure he is here to serve crow to those of us saying that if roles were reversed we'd sell out against Penn State.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Are Iowa fans seriously trolling ISU after beating 2 top 5 opponents in a month? I knew Hawk fans have a inferiority complex but this takes it to new heights!

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

Congratulations!!

you guys had a bunch of empty seat during your 12-0 season. And that was after years and years of decent success (mostly against weak schedules). So forgive us if not everyone that is a fan was all in yet. The ticket sale increases usually happen the next year after the success. We are doing quite well considering our history. The truth is hawkeye fans jump off the band wagon at the first sign of trouble.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Hi, JP here, how many sellouts has Iowa had in 5 games at Kinnick this year (including against reigning B1G champ and #4 ranked Penn St)? I’ll hang up and listen.

***crickets***

Zero

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Congratulations!!

If the OP doesn't at least respond and pretend that he was sincere, then he should be banned for starting a troll thread. His previous posts clearly suggest that he is trolling here.

There are plenty of places on this site for him to take shots about us in debate about whose fans are more lame.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
If the OP doesn't at least respond and pretend that he was sincere, then he should be banned for starting a troll thread. His previous posts clearly suggest that he is trolling here.

There are plenty of places on this site for him to take shots about us in debate about whose fans are more lame.

The OP will not be responding.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Iowa must've won Saturday. If they lose, the hoks generally don't show up here 'til about late Monday to early Tuesday.

spinback32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2006
Cedar Rapids
you guys had a bunch of empty seat during your 12-0 season. And that was after years and years of decent success (mostly against weak schedules). So forgive us if not everyone that is a fan was all in yet. The ticket sale increases usually happen the next year after the success. We are doing quite well considering our history. The truth is hawkeye fans jump off the band wagon at the first sign of trouble.

Don't refer to that season as their 12-0 season, that's what Hok fans like to do. They seem to forget that there were 2 more games that year. That's like the Patriots saying they went 18-0 in 2007.