ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Kind of sucked as all this **** was going on as I was 21 and 22. Ended up taking out Yokes which was a phenonomal bar, IMO.

Then AJ's tried replacing Yokes...while AJ's is a decent night club it's basically the closest you can get to gangster public ******* you can get.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Peoples>everything after Peoples in that spot. Yes, I'm old

I might be older.... it was a drug store when I started at ISU. It became People's the bar sometime during my 4 years there. And yes, it was a good bar.

My favorite place to just chill out with a good cold beer and awesome tunes though was Lost and Found up above Cy's Roost.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I might be older.... it was a drug store when I started at ISU. It became People's the bar sometime during my 4 years there. And yes, it was a good bar.

My favorite place to just chill out with a good cold beer and awesome tunes though was Lost and Found up above Cy's Roost.

I believe Lost and Found is still open, just not in the summer, or so I've heard

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I haven't found it...unless it's the place below Cy's Roost. Or I may have actually gone up instead of down and just forgot.

When I was in school four or five years ago it was above Cy's. I believe there are some stairs when you first walk in Cy's, and you just go up, but I was hammered the handful of times I went there so maybe I'm not remembering right. It could be closed too

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Lost and found has been forgotten name and tradition.... Whole place is just cys now. and yokes was good for its intended purposes of a college bar. People can hate it all they want but it was the best thing since people's closed, and was one of the most popular bars in campus town.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Yokes sucked a ton. But it was always full of people and most importantly, girls. As long as you were already drunk when you arrived you'd be fine, no need to wait 30 min for a drink.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Maybe it is something in the hi-qual water.

You mean high quality H2O?

the-waterboy-o.gif

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Let's be honest... most (or all) of the bars in Campustown are below average if you've traveled outside of Iowa. I mean they definitely get the job done but I have always been one to say that the people you are with make it a good (or bad) time regardless of the establishment.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Let's be honest... most (or all) of the bars in Campustown are below average if you've traveled outside of Iowa. I mean they definitely get the job done but I have always been one to say that the people you are with make it a good (or bad) time regardless of the establishment.

Imagine that, 2015 doesn't think the bars in Ames are cool. Bet he likes chipoltle too...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron