2025 Football Targets (Offer List in OP)

Stumbles

Feb 17, 2012
Cleveland Heights, OH

ATH Marquise Davis

Cleveland, OH - 6'0" 190lb.

This guy is beast. First team all state defense as a sophomore defensive back. This season as a Junior, 2100 yards and 32 TD on the ground as a tailback, and 55 tackles, 3 picks (one a pick six) as a linebacker. Gatorade player of the year, and should have been Mr. Football, but he was robbed of that. I live in Cleveland Heights. He goes to the same school that the Kelce's went to. I listened to a bunch of their games last fall. Hope to go to a few this fall. My guess is that he goes to the Buckeyes, but you never know. Campbell has pulled some good guys from Ohio.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
This guy is beast. First team all state defense as a sophomore defensive back. This season as a Junior, 2100 yards and 32 TD on the ground as a tailback, and 55 tackles, 3 picks (one a pick six) as a linebacker. Gatorade player of the year, and should have been Mr. Football, but he was robbed of that. I live in Cleveland Heights. He goes to the same school that the Kelce's went to. I listened to a bunch of their games last fall. Hope to go to a few this fall. My guess is that he goes to the Buckeyes, but you never know. Campbell has pulled some good guys from Ohio.
Manning is offering kids scholarships to a school he is no longer at??

EDIT: Nevermind, that offer was made Jan. 2022.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Just read an article saying the NCAA is discussing adding a 3rd Signing Day earlier in the year. Sometime in the Summer. Coaches want to reduce the stress of December signings when they are prepping for a bowl game and dealing with the Portal.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Just read an article saying the NCAA is discussing adding a 3rd Signing Day earlier in the year. Sometime in the Summer. Coaches want to reduce the stress of December signings when they are prepping for a bowl game and dealing with the Portal.

I don't understand why there is even a signing date. If HS kid wants to sign on May 12 of his junior year, they should be able to do so. There just needs to be rules governing what it means by signing a LOI early on, to protect both the school and athlete.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
“Reduce the stress”, lol. The problem being if they had a bunch of kids sign that early, there would also have to be bigger “outs” for each party if they change their mind.

Would have worked for most of the kids who committed last summer, but one decided to go his own way. Wound up signing with Wyoming, I think.

At least with a December signing day, the kids know whether the staff made it through the season—and how well. That late protects the kids.

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
And here I was, really looking forward to Wednesday.

Curious if this is more “I’ve decided I’m out on Iowa State”

Or more a “with the guy who recruited me no longer on staff, I want to get a better relationship with the new staff replacing him before deciding if this is still the right place to land.”

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Curious if this is more “I’ve decided I’m out on Iowa State”

Or more a “with the guy who recruited me no longer on staff, I want to get a better relationship with the new staff replacing him before deciding if this is still the right place to land.”
I see zero reason to think it’s the former. And since he announced his commitment date weeks ago, I’m sure the other teams have been doing their best to get him to put it off.

I mean, I’m pretty sure that one of those teams’ selling point is that they have zero WR talent on their roster whatsoever. Plenty of playing time available!

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Generally the staff sets up two huge official visit recruiting weekends in June, to establish the core of the class, building around earlier commits.

Here is the first player penciled in for June 7th. Made on unofficial last weekend. One of the plentitude of recent Utah offers, has really impressive receiving video as a prospective TE.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
@NATEizKING usually kept great track of this, guess I can try on a sleepless night.

Stumbled across a couple of “Warm” recruits, which surprised me this early. One is a surprisingly good looking—for his current 85 ranking—an Owasso, OK OL, the other is Coach Poteat’s son, Tre. That one surprised me because I wasn’t sure how much traction we had. Tennessee, Michigan and Wisconsin the other Warms.