2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

LeadersWifeLife

Oct 31, 2020
Treynor
While we’re waiting on the news about this so called Domino, Iowa got Brands back and landed a 4x AA at a need weight and we missed on both targets at a big hole weight for us. And in addition to Amine, OSU also got Hendrickson.

This better be one big domino or we’re taking a big step back next year.
Not sure I'd call 49 a "need weight" for Iowa. 97, hwt, 57, yes. But I thought Rathjen looked promising for the future. Aaaaaand then they go and piss on him. Classic Hawkeyes

Reactions: CyCity

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Not sure I'd call 49 a "need weight" for Iowa. 97, hwt, 57, yes. But I thought Rathjen looked promising for the future. Aaaaaand then they go and piss on him. Classic Hawkeyes

Rathjen did well, but seems like one of those guys Iowa has that hovers around 10-15 for their entire career. See Assad, Murin (until year 5,) Teske, etc.

Best case scenario Rathjen sneaks into the 7-8 match. Parco is a potential finalist with wins over guys like Lovett and Swiderski last year and people like Gomez and Paniro in his career.

Iowa 100% did the right thing. They’re trying to compete for titles. Parco helps, Rathje is a good backup.

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
Maybe the G&C Collective should start an insider forum and/or newsletter or something that you donate additionally too and then you can get some of this info. Feel like other programs did/used to do that. Feel like wrestling is the only sport that does the constant "I know something, but can't share it" thing..

Maybe this is a way to get more people the inside info they want and also get the G&C Collective more money? Just a thought..

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Maybe the G&C Collective should start an insider forum and/or newsletter or something that you donate additionally too and then you can get some of this info. Feel like other programs did/used to do that. Feel like wrestling is the only sport that does the constant "I know something, but can't share it" thing..

Maybe this is a way to get more people the inside info they want and also get the G&C Collective more money? Just a thought..
Might be compliance issues. Technically Iowa State can’t talk about unsigned athletes

Reactions: Ryan Rohlk

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Does staff control the NIL and collective? Kind of thought they couldn’t really be the ones pulling the NIL strings.
This never made sense to me. Did the NCAA really think that the collective is going to go recruit their own wants and needs with out talking to coaches? Or vice versa?