2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Fernandes should have been kicked off the team over a year ago. Dirty!!!
Agreed, I lost a lot of respect for Troy over that. But Pat was also very vocal about it if I remember right and calling it out as dirty. I don’t see him and Troy being tight anymore if they were before

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Lots of people know what’s going on. Word travels fast in a pretty small circle in the wrestling world
Maybe, but like anything in business - who is telling the truth and who is sending smoke up in the air. I think it’s easier to say and hear one thing and everyone believes it just because they aren’t on the winning side of the deal.

The actual deal itself can be so secretive so it’s easy to get manipulated and no one actually has hard data because these numbers aren’t being reported anywhere. Is everyone on a teams call throwing out their bids together in uniform? Doubtful. And I don’t think coaches are dumb enough to text these numbers or send a PDF contract

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I could be misremembering but I am pretty sure he was very loud on the Baylor fernandes situation. If so no way Troy is telling him anything. Agreed it makes wrestling more interesting and fun to hear the juice and gossip
I think you are right - forgot about it

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I agree with most of this, but I’m kind of indifferent on the redshirt decisions.

Maybe those guys aren’t wrestling for Iowa in 4 years anyways but maybe they win 3 or 4 titles now?

Your point still does stand though, they conceded a trophy.
Are we sure the Brands can count to 5? Maybe they thought they were still in the trophy spot where they were. They go 1, 2, 5?

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Obviously you’d take the guy no questions but for $500k I’d rather invest elsewhere. I like Frost boys at 141/ Swiderski, Paniro, Ech at 149. I don’t see any reason we can’t get 30 points total between those 2 weights.
Honestly, if we keep all of Frost(s), Ech, Casey, Cody, Panrio, etc. and figure out how to maximize their mat time, that might be the biggest win of all in the 'portal'.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
What weight was he?
Has bounced between 165/174. We were in on him in high school. He was a big time recruit that really hasn't panned out and gone backwards throughout his career. R16 as a true freshman at 165, NQ (went 1-2) as a soph at 174, NQ (went 0-2) as junior at 165 and then wasn't in the lineup this past year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron