***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
JFC, people are just making **** up now. There was no median. ESPN has shown the area where it happened. It was a turn lane. He was trying to go around to get into the club.

Also where are people getting 20 yards? That’s not in the police report I saw. ESPN reported around 10 yards. That’s not that far, that’s a first down.
Earlier reports mentioned median, Official police report does state he was driving on the wrong side of the road. That would be strange to an officer if the officer was unaware some cars were permitted to travel that direction.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Earlier reports mentioned median, Official police report does state he was driving on the wrong side of the road. That would be strange to an officer if the officer was unaware some cars were permitted to travel that direction.

So he wasn’t driving on the wrong side of the road. No different than road construction on a multi lane road that has a crossover in to what would normally be the opposite lane. Why is it always our job to make their job easier? They should be aware. And if they aren’t aware, the answer isn’t to **** people over.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
As he was told to do by the PGA
So the PGA just makes up new traffic laws now? Just becuase the PGA said the players could take a shortcut doesn't mean you can just disregard what a traffic cop is telling you. What if there were cars coming straight at him that had already been cleared to proceeds by another officer? What if he needed to stop traffic momentarily for a first responder, or an ambulance, or a medical examiner? Again, none of you know the exact circumstances of why the officer wanted him to hold up at that moment.

It's extremely dumb to argue that just becuase he was in a PGA marked car that he could do whatever he wanted.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
So the PGA just makes up new traffic laws now? Just becuase the PGA said the players could take a shortcut doesn't mean you can just disregard what a traffic cop is telling you. What if there were cars coming straight at him that had already been cleared to proceeds by another officer? What if he needed to stop traffic momentarily for a first responder, or an ambulance, or a medical examiner? Again, none of you know the exact circumstances of why the officer wanted him to hold up at that moment.

It's extremely dumb to argue that just becuase he was in a PGA marked car that he could do whatever he wanted.
For big events, the PGA makes a plan of action with police force to get spectators and players into the event. The death of a patron today caused extra police to be there that didn't know know the plan and their ego got the best of them.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
For big events, the PGA makes a plan of action with police force to get spectators and players into the event. The death of a patron today caused extra police to be there that didn't know know the plan and their ego got the best of them.
That's pure speculation, read my post again, none of you know the exact circumstances on why others were allowed through before and he wasn't at that particular moment.

You sound like a lawyer from Kentucky.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
It’s his job to be aware
But do we know for sure Scotty and other vehicles permitted to park at the course were instructed by police to cross into oncoming traffic lanes? I’ve seen scotty mention he was unaware of the accident; I don’t know if he decided to get around traffic on his own or not.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
But do we know for sure Scotty and other vehicles permitted to park at the course were instructed by police to cross into oncoming traffic lanes? I’ve seen scotty mention he was unaware of the accident; I don’t know if he decided to get around traffic on his own or not.
I saw a report that another officer waved him on or directed him to do what he did.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com

The PGA was, without a doubt, in communication with the PD about how to handle this, and passed that onto their players. The accident was 2 hours prior, so I find it extremely unlikely that emergency vehicles were going to be impeded .

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That's pure speculation, read my post again, none of you know the exact circumstances on why others were allowed through before and he wasn't at that particular moment.

You sound like a lawyer from Kentucky.
Man, I hope you find happiness somewhere in life because I question it so frequently on here.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I saw a report that another officer waved him on or directed him to do what he did.
Very good. I also saw a report authorized vehicles were notified to use a different entrance, but Scotty didn’t notice the message.

If another officer waved him through, then it’s a communication issue within the department. Still can’t fault the officer completely as if he wasn’t notified, he has reason to be suspicious of the vehicle. It’s a breakdown of internal communications

At the end of the day, I would be shocked if this actually goes to court. I fully expect felony charges to be dropped as the investigation continues. Scotty will still likely be cited for not yielding to an officer. Even if one officer waves you through, you still need to stop and abide directions from other officers

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Man, I hope you find happiness somewhere in life because I question it so frequently on here.

Things will not improve until Caitlin Clark has a breakout game or one of Iowa’s obscure sports makes a summer post season run.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
Very good. I also saw a report authorized vehicles were notified to use a different entrance, but Scotty didn’t notice the message.

If another officer waved him through, then it’s a communication issue within the department. Still can’t fault the officer completely as if he wasn’t notified, he has reason to be suspicious of the vehicle. It’s a breakdown of internal communications

At the end of the day, I would be shocked if this actually goes to court. I fully expect felony charges to be dropped as the investigation continues. Scotty will still likely be cited for not yielding to an officer. Even if one officer waves you through, you still need to stop and abide directions from other officers
I'd put money that it doesn't. There was all kinds of media and cameras right there watching it happen, and I haven't seen one of them that thought an arrest was justified (most of them were shocked he was even handcuffed).

Reactions: joefrog

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Probably the assigned crew knew what was up. The reserves decided to be johnny hard-ass and probably have never worked one of these events where it is obvious which vehicles are official and given different levels of access.

They provide cars to players, staff, and any other affiliates. And they usually have color coded signage on them which indicate where they are allowed to go. It is OBVIOUS for a reason. The tournaments I worked prevented players from driving their own cars, all had them furnished by local dealers and manufacturers that were sponsors.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

He thought they were security guards, not cops. What is your deal today? Go take your Centrum Silver.

• Haha
Reactions: FriendlySpartan