***2024 NCAA Wrestling - Session 6/FINALS (Sat., 6:00)***

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Don't think so. He was even back on campus in the past year for the gathering of a lot of wrestling alum. And I am one that has been disappointed in his actions 15 years ago, and can't stand Penn State ever since. I have been told to let it go, but I still burn a little.
I believe you are referring to when Joe Heskett received an award; elected into hall of fame I believe?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
It was surreal that match seemed to be officiated differently then and match i saw the entire tournament.
I've never seen stall calls that fast.

Especially as a wrestler is setting up for a successful takedown.

This PSU bias is going to do real harm to the sport.

Gable towards the end regretted that Iowa had no true rival or peer anymore, and that it was going to reduce fan interest, viewership, and support.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
It was surreal that match seemed to be officiated differently then and match i saw the entire tournament.
You knew from the second David got the blast double it would be the way.

The PSU coaches were calling for top stalling about 3 seconds into his ride, and they usually get the calls they want.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
What are Carrs plans? Is he going to Penn State to train. I wouldn’t blame him for that AT ALL, tons of competition out there and iron sharpens iron

Cyclone Pfan

Dec 7, 2022
What are Carrs plans? Is he going to Penn State to train. I wouldn’t blame him for that AT ALL, tons of competition out there and iron sharpens iron
I have zero insight, but i wouldn't rule out davidson (that's where Nate Jr is coaching).

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
What kills me is the first stall warning. David's headgear forehead strap had fallen, covering his eyes and he took a step back to pull it up so he could see. Messinbrink sees this and shoves David's hand/forehead as he is adjusting it back to normal. He then just moves forward and just pushes David backwards to the boundary without really trying to do much. That was the first stall warning and it is dumb as **** as it was caused by an equipment malfunction - Messinbrink didn't go for a takedown, he was just being a dirty little ***** (he took an extra second or two after the whistle to come back to the middle of the mat there, too). These guys know the rules - he was just being a ********.

The second call (1 point) on Carr was literally after he moved into a single-leg for his second takedown. This was right after Messinbrink waved to the ref for a timeout (who gave him a weird, unpenalized asked-for timeout?). That was ******* weird. Messinbrink just ******* walked out of bounds several times for a reset without warning. He then was shifting position during the reset and got caught but maybe not officially warned? Then when he got out in the last seconds of the second he was blatantly finger-waving/taunting David while time was running out and nothing was said.

Then, the ref ******* calls stalling again while David is actively trying to pull the dude back to the ground. It was unreal. The PSU guy sure seems like an ******* who would gladly play dirty if it gets him the win. Isn't there a penalty for taunting, if nothing else?

• Agree
Reactions: DrClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What kills me is the first stall warning. David's headgear forehead strap had fallen, covering his eyes and he took a step back to pull it up so he could see. Messinbrink sees this and shoves David's hand/forehead as he is adjusting it back to normal. He then just moves forward and just pushes David backwards to the boundary without really trying to do much. That was the first stall warning and it is dumb as **** as it was caused by an equipment malfunction - Messinbrink didn't go for a takedown, he was just being a dirty little ***** (he took an extra second or two after the whistle to come back to the middle of the mat there, too). These guys know the rules - he was just being a ********.

The second call (1 point) on Carr was literally after he moved into a single-leg for his second takedown. This was right after Messinbrink waved to the ref for a timeout (who gave him a weird, unpenalized asked-for timeout?). That was ******* weird. Messinbrink just ******* walked out of bounds several times for a reset without warning. He then was shifting position during the reset and got caught but maybe not officially warned? Then when he got out in the last seconds of the second he was blatantly finger-waving/taunting David while time was running out and nothing was said.

Then, the ref ******* calls stalling again while David is actively trying to pull the dude back to the ground. It was unreal. The PSU guy sure seems like an ******* who would gladly play dirty if it gets him the win. Isn't there a penalty for taunting, if nothing else?
While we all appreciate Cael’s accomplishments while wrestling for ISU. He did basically use Andrew Long as a mercenary to win a title and cast him aside when he got it. Cael is not white as the driven snow.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
That was the worst officiated match I have ever seen. The ref called stalling four times (including the warning) and there was not a one of those that were legitimate calls. Carr was the aggressor the whole match. 2 takedowns and 2 escapes to Messi's one takedown and one escape. If anyone deserved to be called for stalling it was Messi.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
With regard to announcing, multiple things can be true at once. JB and DC can have stellar competitive resumes, be legends in wrestling/MMA, have moments where they do a decent job of calling action, and still have completely screwed the pooch in David's match(es.) Messenbrink was the shiny object and they wanted to talk about it. Much like the official they considered his bob and weave routine action and made it sound like David had some kind of rep as a defensive wrestler.

And let's not forget, they decided his semi match against KOT, the MOST anticipated match of season, was the time to spend an entire period discussing the evils of the transfer portal. To the extent that no one had any idea why the score was what it was...you know....their job?

I don't care if JB gave a kidney to David, he and DC did a trash job of calling his matches and nobody else with a mic had the pull to reign them back in. Oh well, David got his 2nd natty and that's what I was tuning in for.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
That was the worst officiated match I have ever seen. The ref called stalling four times (including the warning) and there was not a one of those that were legitimate calls. Carr was the aggressor the whole match. 2 takedowns and 2 escapes to Messi's one takedown and one escape. If anyone deserved to be called for stalling it was Messi.
But but but boxing sidesteps and head fakes!! Pace!!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron