***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
If Stingley is there at 12, I think they'll pull the trigger, but I don't think he's going to be there.

I'll be interested to see what they do if Hamilton falls that far.

I'm hoping they trade back and take one of the other CBs

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
If Stingley is there at 12, I think they'll pull the trigger, but I don't think he's going to be there.

Unfortunately the latest betting odds have Stingley going 3rd, so it's not looking good for him being there at 12.

Not sure what to think about Hamilton. Some people love him and others think his lack of speed will really hurt him as a safety in the NFL.

I actually wouldn't mind if they take Jameson Williams if he's there at 12.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Unfortunately the latest betting odds have Stingley going 3rd, so it's not looking good for him being there at 12.

Not sure what to think about Hamilton. Some people love him and others think his lack of speed will really hurt him as a safety in the NFL.

I actually wouldn't mind if they take Jameson Williams if he's there at 12.
I am intrigued with a WR pickup, but considering Jefferson, Theilen and Osborn, are already on the team, I don't know if it's the smartest move, considering the state of the defense. I wouldn't be disappointed, but I'm not sure it will happen

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
I am intrigued with a WR pickup, but considering Jefferson, Theilen and Osborn, are already on the team, I don't know if it's the smartest move, considering the state of the defense. I wouldn't be disappointed, but I'm not sure it will happen
With WRs being so plentiful in this draft I hope they wait until the third round.
My ideal draft would be trading back for McDuffie and pick up another 2nd rounder. Then take the best Edge, LB, or C on the board with those picks.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006

Don't disagree about WR in the short term but I think Thielen is going to be gone in a year or two so it would be nice to get another star (hopefully) there to eventually replace him. Plus, there's talk of them doing a lot of 4 WR sets like the Rams did so the more good WRs the better.

Although hearing the Vikes' WR coach McCardell pretty much begging the team to take anything other than WR at 12 makes me think he's confident in what they already have...Osborn flashed last year and maybe Smith-Marsette is ready to bust out.

I think it probably depends on how they feel the depth is at CB through the draft and if they think they can get a starter in one of the later rounds because it's definitely a need.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
With WRs being so plentiful in this draft I hope they wait until the third round.
My ideal draft would be trading back for McDuffie and pick up another 2nd rounder. Then take the best Edge, LB, or C on the board with those picks.

I'm not sure I love Stingley either.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Don't disagree about WR in the short term but I think Thielen is going to be gone in a year or two so it would be nice to get another star (hopefully) there to eventually replace him. Plus, there's talk of them doing a lot of 4 WR sets like the Rams did so the more good WRs the better.

Although hearing the Vikes' WR coach McCardell pretty much begging the team to take anything other than WR at 12 makes me think he's confident in what they already have...Osborn flashed last year and maybe Smith-Marsette is ready to bust out.

I think it probably depends on how they feel the depth is at CB through the draft and if they think they can get a starter in one of the later rounds because it's definitely a need.

Its likely they could grab a WR next year early if they really had to.

How about this. Move down in the 1st round, Trade Dalvin Cook, Draft Breece Hall, free up cap space.

Sorry, thats the Cyclone fan in me talking, not the Viking fan.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Its likely they could grab a WR next year early if they really had to.

How about this. Move down in the 1st round, Trade Dalvin Cook, Draft Breece Hall, free up cap space.

Sorry, thats the Cyclone fan in me talking, not the Viking fan.

Don't need Breece, they have Kene! :)

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

From your lips to somebody’s ears:

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA
From your lips to somebody’s ears:
This would be ideal to me. Get an additional 1 in 2023 and still get a corner in the 1st round this year. I think getting the 2023 pick is huge - there are likely 3-4 really good QB prospects next year, and this gives the Vikings the ammo to go up and get one to eventually replace Kirk. The Steelers likely won't be great next year (especially in a division with Jackson, Burrow, and Watson) so it could be a mid-upper first round pick.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
This would be ideal to me. Get an additional 1 in 2023 and still get a corner in the 1st round this year. I think getting the 2023 pick is huge - there are likely 3-4 really good QB prospects next year, and this gives the Vikings the ammo to go up and get one to eventually replace Kirk. The Steelers likely won't be great next year (especially in a division with Jackson, Burrow, and Watson) so it could be a mid-upper first round pick.

Unfortunately I don't think that draft value is right. I don't think Pitt moving up 8 spots is worth a future 1st round pick. I think it's more along the lines of a future 2nd rounder.

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA
Unfortunately I don't think that draft value is right. I don't think Pitt moving up 8 spots is worth a future 1st round pick. I think it's more along the lines of a future 2nd rounder.

Actually last year the Giants traded down from 11-20 with the Bears so they could draft Justin Fields. The deal included the Bears 2022 pick. So the math is there, it just happened last season. Last year was 11-20, this year is 12-20. If Pitt wants Willis and he's there, the value is definitely there.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Actually last year the Giants traded down from 11-20 with the Bears so they could draft Justin Fields. The deal included the Bears 2022 pick. So the math is there, it just happened last season. Last year was 11-20, this year is 12-20. If Pitt wants Willis and he's there, the value is definitely there.

Man did the Giants fleece the Bears, I love it. The Bears must've had delusions of finishing in the top part of the league and having low 1st and 4th rounders this year.

So using this year's draft values for comparison--

Bears - 2021 #11 pick = 1250

Giants--

2021 #20 = 850
2021 #164 = 24
2022 #7 = 1500
2022 #112 = 70
Total = 2444

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA
Man did the Giants fleece the Bears, I love it. The Bears must've had delusions of finishing in the top part of the league and having low 1st and 4th rounders this year.

Giants--

2021 #20 = 850
2021 #164 = 24
2022 #7 = 1500
2022 #112 = 70
Total = 2444
Oh, they totally fleeced them. Either they thought they'd be good, or Nagy knew he'd be fired and did not care if he burned it to the ground before he left.

I guess it all depends on how much Pittsburgh likes Willis. If they are as in love with him as all the rumors say that Tomlin is, the deal is there - even if they don't give up lower round picks in addition to it.

I'm just being hopeful! Would LOVE to have 2 first rounders next year.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines

Giants--

2021 #20 = 850
2021 #164 = 24
2022 #7 = 1500
2022 #112 = 70
Total = 2444
The Bears realized it's better to take a risky shot at a top end QB then hang out in no mans land for years and years with Mitch and Nick Foles and Andy Dalton.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron