***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Some of the boards/blogs are discussing the possibility of taking a WR at #12. I guess that's not out of the realm of possibility, as a "best player available" move. Theilen isn't getting any younger, I suppose, but I thought KJ Osborn showed a lot of promise this year.
Yeah I think you have to see what Osborn does this season before using a first rounder on a WR , considering the other areas of need.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Hearing from my Browns friend on a Cousins trade rumor. Cousins to Seattle, Mayfield and cash to the Vikes, and the Browns get a second round pick.
Anybody hearing this on the Vikings end?

• Informative
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hearing from my Browns friend on a Cousins trade rumor. Cousins to Seattle, Mayfield and cash to the Vikes, and the Browns get a second round pick.
Seems like a weird move.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Meh, I'll believe it when I see it. Mayfield would be a one year rental. Some of their other signings don't really make sense if they were going to do this. Why retain Hunter and Harrison Smith?

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Meh, I'll believe it when I see it. Mayfield would be a one year rental. Some of their other signings don't really make sense if they were going to do this. Why retain Hunter and Harrison Smith?

Same here, but O'Connell thinks he can improve Cousins, he could feel the same about Mayfield. Regardless, I don't see the Vikings making this trade which is essentially a salary dump w/o little else in return.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006

Pretty sure that was a rumor before Cousins signed his extension. Don't think it was legit and doesn't make sense now. There's too much talk of Cousins and KOC working together and the leadership role Cousins is taking on behind the scenes.

Mayfield to Seattle makes more sense. But I think Baker is going to struggle to find a starting job with his issues and guaranteed salary.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
For all the Spielman defenders on here:
Never understood Spielman trading down to pick up more 6th rounders who never make the team.
Will be very interesting to see if the new brain trust also trades down if both of the top two CBs are gone at 12.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Never understood Spielman trading down to pick up more 6th rounders who never make the team.
Will be very interesting to see if the new brain trust also trades down if both of the top two CBs are gone at 12.
So many teams make a living snagging 3rd/4th round guys who play above their draft pick. Always drove me nuts.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006

Seemed like he was more interested in picking up as many 6th and 7th round picks as he could so he could throw darts at a lot of players and see if one stuck.

Sometimes I think he valued quantity over quality. And I think he had "diamond in the rough" hubris...he thought he could ID players in those rounds that he thought were studs when nobody else did.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Draft week is here. What are we thinking the Vikings do at 12 on Thursday?

I think if Sauce or Stingley are gone, I would trade back. I'd love to get a 2023 1st and go into next years draft with ammo to get into the top 5 and get a franchise QB. Or draft the best WR and go for a top 5 offense.

Reactions: Marcelason78

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I think if Sauce or Stingley are gone, I would trade back. I'd love to get a 2023 1st and go into next years draft with ammo to get into the top 5 and get a franchise QB. Or draft the best WR and go for a top 5 offense.
The Pitt QB

• Dislike
Reactions: drmwevr08

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006

I honestly wouldn't mind if they took Jameson Williams at 12 if the top CBs and edge rushers are gone.

Problem with trading down is you have to find someone to trade up. I've also heard the back part of the 1st round, like after 20 or so, isn't great value wise.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I honestly wouldn't mind if they took Jameson Williams at 12 if the top CBs and edge rushers are gone.

Problem with trading down is you have to find someone to trade up. I've also heard the back part of the 1st round, like after 20 or so, isn't great value wise.

What about trading with KC and getting 2 1st's at the end of round 1. That's a spot where picking BPA and need would be nice.

1650904741096.png
Elam fills a NEED at CB and was PFF's BPA. Green has the potential to solidify RG for the next decade.

Bonitto was BPA and also is a great insurance piece for 2023 if we loose Hunter or cut Smith.

WR's went like hot cakes in this mock.. I wish I could have taken one at 29 or 30.. But I am not taking the NDSU or Western Mich WR's at that spot until I hear 1st round grades on them

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
What about trading with KC and getting 2 1st's at the end of round 1. That's a spot where picking BPA and need would be nice.

View attachment 98218
Elam fills a NEED at CB and was PFF's BPA. Green has the potential to solidify RG for the next decade.

Bonitto was BPA and also is a great insurance piece for 2023 if we loose Hunter or cut Smith.

WR's went like hot cakes in this mock.. I wish I could have taken one at 29 or 30.. But I am not taking the NDSU or Western Mich WR's at that spot until I hear 1st round grades on them

Yeah, I've seen that trade scenario being brought up quite a bit. I've seen where Green is an option if they do trade back.

Don't know much about the Florida CB and I thought Bonitto had 2nd/3rd round grade?

I think that's the problem with the end of the 1st, they'll probably have to take a guy that may not really be worthy of a 1st. I guess it is the end of the 1st so it might as well be the 2nd round. But you do get that 5th year option so it might be worth taking a flier on a skill position.

Not against trading back but I've just heard that the back of the 1st is pretty weak this year.

Been hearing more that they may try and trade up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron