2024 Mens CBB Coaching Carousel

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
E$PN reporting Gottlieb has accepted the Green Bay position and reportedly will continue with his radio show while employed at UWGB

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
E$PN reporting Gottlieb has accepted the Green Bay position and reportedly will continue with his radio show while employed at UWGB
Seems like he's been rumored for jobs forever and this is the one he lands? Either nobody else wanted him or he had no interest until now.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Seems like he's been rumored for jobs forever and this is the one he lands? Either nobody else wanted him or he had no interest until now.
They all but hired him last year until they found out Wicks was interested at the last minute. I think he's smart enough to put a really good staff together and he knows what he doesn't know. If he wants the Okie State job eventually, he had to start somewhere.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Gottlieb had a nice story on Matt Thomas years ago.

Not a bad guy, strange player back in the day being a ball handler and dish only point guard who had to be taken out of games at the end as he couldn't make free throws.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Just coming to mention what you did that he will still get to do his radio show. Unreal it's one or the other. No wonder people have passed on this moron in the past.

Reactions: Cyhig

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
His brother is a long time, well thought of assistant. I'm guessing the plan is to bring him in and basically let him do the coaching while Doug does the PR and recruiting. It's not the worst idea I've ever heard, not the best, but definitely not the worst.